The great DIY muffler search. . .

NorCal FZ6

Just some dude
Reaction score
Visit site
Those are sweet! They look GP style. Which would definately be my first choice. It maybe just me but the The GP style seems to have more of a throaty tone in general. Listen to the GP Mivvs, the older Leos, the older Devils, and Remus. Been reading a lot on exhausts lately. There's just so many... I wish I had more time to create a system. I just have other things to take care of. By all means dude, dial something up. You definitely have the ingenuity! :thumbup::thumbup:

Last edited:

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
The way the stock muffler is designed it would be damn near impossible for any metal to even make it to the cat in the 1st place.

But for anyone wanting to drill their exhaust for the love of god use the right tool and not a masonry bit. The muffler is stainless that has gone through quite a few heat cycles so it is hard but only hard to drill through if you make it hard by using a masonry bit. Once you have the bit you want to use and are ready to drill it DO NOT GO FULL SPEED with the drill that will only make it more difficult and maybe ruin a brand new drill bit. Run your drill at a slow speed and use a lot of pressure and it will cut through great. It might be hard to feel but if you can feel when the bit is just about to punch through then back off of the pressure a bit and pick the speed up and it should punch through nice and clean!