The FZ6 does well on the water....

jeff in ohio

Reaction score
Visit site
....it liked the boat trip today....did the ferry crossing at Sistersville, WV for the first time ever....it told me it wants to go water skiing now too :D

ferry.jpg

I'd be more impressed if it were on rough seas :D.

What kind of tank bag is that? I guess if the ship sank, whatever was in there would float. Looks like it'd make a great life raft for a hampster -- or a great place to store keys, glasses, etc.

Dennis

For a sec there I thought I was gonna see the FZ doing this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsYR3KCfcaA&feature=PlayList&p=EF827CF65ED272FA&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=16]YouTube - Motorcycle On Water[/ame]

I'd be more impressed if it were on rough seas :D.

What kind of tank bag is that? I guess if the ship sank, whatever was in there would float. Looks like it'd make a great life raft for a hampster -- or a great place to store keys, glasses, etc.

Dennis

It is a SW-Motech bag from www.twistedthrottle.com ..... it does not touch the tank at all. good for phone, keys, snacks, extra gloves, a shirt or jacket liner, etc....

TwistedThrottle.com : Bags-Connection "Daypack II" Quick-Lock Tankbag for SW-MOTECH Gascap Mounting System - BCK.TRT.00.020.100

the seat bag is from Motorcycle Luggage from Luggage Locker

We are counting the days to our 12+ hour ferry ride, hope our FZ and GSR are fastened down a bit better than yours :)

FZ6 is a certified water wader. I live in the a tropical region where our cities are always flooded knee deep high.

I remember, there was a storm that day and it rained hard and the streets from my workplace to my house were all flooded. So i had no choice but to dip my fizzer. The water level of the flood, at that time, was just an inch below the level of the sparkplugs. Worst, it was traffic all over due to the flood and i just coudnt snake through those stalled cages/cars. I was in that precarious situation for about 45 mins.

Im very thankful that our fz6's pipe is installed high enough for the water to get in through....and for that i didnt have to rev the engine to avoid it.

Im very proud of this machine and design. The engine didnt die/quit on me. There were no electrical damages either on my bike after that.

It fz6 sinks like a stone! But theoretically if you had an air tank for the engine and yourself. And you completely water proofed the electicals, you could ride it across the bottom of the water.

Back