Reaction score
Visit site
New drag bars and 2007 swingarm :)

11072011019.jpg

11072011017.jpg

jeeveseatcracker

Reaction score
Visit site
She looks great! I was wondering though, does that circular light that you put on come with a bracket to mount the stock speedo and turn signals, or would I have to order/fabricate something myself? Also, do you know if there are many options for small windscreens to go with it?

Do you know if someone makes an 8 or 9 inch circular headlight? I feel like I'd want something a HAIR bigger for some reason.

Awesome work!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
She looks great! I was wondering though, does that circular light that you put on come with a bracket to mount the stock speedo and turn signals, or would I have to order/fabricate something myself? Also, do you know if there are many options for small windscreens to go with it?

Do you know if someone makes an 8 or 9 inch circular headlight? I feel like I'd want something a HAIR bigger for some reason.

Awesome work!

Round headlight does not come with speedometer bracket. There is a group buy going on for the bracket here: (depends on the year of your bike though.. this one is for 07+): http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-streetfighter/39312-speedometer-bracket-group-interest.html

The light itself .. usually wherever you buy the light will be selling the mounting brackets for it too. I've never seen round light bigger than 7".

mongol777

Reaction score
Visit site
Finally finished mine. One of the best things I did to the bike - all my bikes were naked before FZ6 and during first ride I realized how much I missed riding naked!
DSC_4017.JPG

DSC_4018.JPG

DSC_4019.JPG

DSC_4021.JPG

And huge KUDOS to Motogiro - I was struggling with headlight not coming on and he solved my problem within seconds!

fab4272

Reaction score
Visit site
Finally finished mine. One of the best things I did to the bike - all my bikes were naked before FZ6 and during first ride I realized how much I missed riding naked!
DSC_4017.JPG

DSC_4018.JPG

DSC_4019.JPG

DSC_4021.JPG

And huge KUDOS to Motogiro - I was struggling with headlight not coming on and he solved my problem within seconds!

One thing I have not seen to date when selecting FZ1 bars is the year of the bars. Are they all the same for a given year?

mongol777

Reaction score
Visit site
One thing I have not seen to date when selecting FZ1 bars is the year of the bars. Are they all the same for a given year?

I imagine that yes. I ruined the bar in the picture anyway - mirrors you see are temp. I bought Napoleons and was going to fit them but drilling out went wrong so now I am waiting for my new Rizoma handlebar :D

fab4272

Reaction score
Visit site
I imagine that yes. I ruined the bar in the picture anyway - mirrors you see are temp. I bought Napoleons and was going to fit them but drilling out went wrong so now I am waiting for my new Rizoma handlebar :D

So, just ordered 2D1-26111-01-00 FZ1 handlebars from powersportsplus.com in the USA for $47 US delivered to my door in Australia. From local Yamaha dealer over $100 AU. What a price difference and testiment to the ripoff's for certain items in this country.

nsaP

Reaction score
Visit site
Did the VS-02 conversion recently because I layed 'er down near the end of last season. Don't need any before pics I guess and y'all know what a fz6 looks like.

Either I lost the speedo bracket or customs guys did, but I had my uncle cut me out one at work. Still have to figure out the best place for my phone mount, but so far so good.

I'm happy I went naked instead of fixing the cowling after looking at my before shots and how it looks now. Not only was it cheaper, but it looks much better IMO.

CtRvgl.jpg

NL6MCl.jpg

zanadu

Reaction score
Visit site
Did the VS-02 conversion recently because I layed 'er down near the end of last season. Don't need any before pics I guess and y'all know what a fz6 looks like.

Either I lost the speedo bracket or customs guys did, but I had my uncle cut me out one at work. Still have to figure out the best place for my phone mount, but so far so good.

I'm happy I went naked instead of fixing the cowling after looking at my before shots and how it looks now. Not only was it cheaper, but it looks much better IMO.
How much did the parts cost? My cowling is cracked from a drop and I was dismayed to find out that a new cowling alone is around $360

nsaP

Reaction score
Visit site
How much did the parts cost? My cowling is cracked from a drop and I was dismayed to find out that a new cowling alone is around $360

Forum member dev_usc assembles kits and sells them for 325 shipped, you can PM him for details.

Mine took a bit of adjusting to get lined up right, and you have to be very very careful with any plastic parts (it doesn't take much over tightening to break them, I know), but it's a good kit. The only thing I had to change was the mirror mounts, the ones provided slide on and I wasn't interested in taking my bars apart.

zanadu

Reaction score
Visit site
Forum member dev_usc assembles kits and sells them for 325 shipped, you can PM him for details.

Mine took a bit of adjusting to get lined up right, and you have to be very very careful with any plastic parts (it doesn't take much over tightening to break them, I know), but it's a good kit. The only thing I had to change was the mirror mounts, the ones provided slide on and I wasn't interested in taking my bars apart.
Thanks. How did you mount your round speedometer, I assume it didn't come with a bracket?

dev_usc

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The kit comes with a speedometer adapter plate that works for any year speedo (04-06 round / 07-09 rectangle)
18kyeu.jpg

swqvxt.jpg

jikr2u.jpg

Weaver

Reaction score
Visit site
Just been tyring to fit my VS02 kit and the metalwork supplied is restricting the ability for the bike to go from lock to lock. Has anyone got a close up pic of how it should be? I'm thinking I've got the wrong bracket...

Pics to follow...batteries are dead in my camera.. :(

sdg227

Reaction score
Visit site
Can someone post a link to the website? I'm interested in buying the VS-2 but can't find it online.

Thanks

nsaP

Reaction score
Visit site
Just been tyring to fit my VS02 kit and the metalwork supplied is restricting the ability for the bike to go from lock to lock. Has anyone got a close up pic of how it should be? I'm thinking I've got the wrong bracket...

Pics to follow...batteries are dead in my camera.. :(

You probably don't have the cables or wires routed properly. I had to take some time to get the cables into the correct guides, and to find the best way to route the wires that were connected to the headlight harness. Even the harness itself required some time and fiddling. Even then, at full lock right I have a little bit of screeching noise and pulling on the throttle cables, but it's very minimal and the bars are hardly ever at a full lock right.

I put my bike on the centerstand and put some weight on the back to lift the front wheel, then just tried different routes with the cables and wires until I found something that worked.

zimmjackson

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I am brand new to the site, and I feel stupid for asking this question because I see so many pictures of FZ6's with the mirrors I desire but cannot find anywhere to purchase them. But anyways, can anyone direct me to a link where I can get the mirrors on this fz6? As well as any mounts needed. Thanks so much.
I bought a 2005 FZ6 last week off of craigslist with 13000 miles on it for $2000. Got it so cheap because he had crashed it, only problem with it was that the front fairing was ruined and a small dent in the tank. Even the speedometer is untouched. (not sure how he managed to do this, he said something about not seeing the road end at a T intersection and riding right into a field lol) So, obviously I'm super excited about this steal, because I was gonna strip the front fairing off anyways for the FZ16N kit that I have already ordered from vishnu! If you just want to message me a link to these mirrors I'll be happy. Thanks guys!

Zimm

Yamaha+FZ6+2005+10.jpg

7ff76421c8854687b90cfe795b72de50.jpg