The call of the Ducati Monster

The 1100 Evo has pipes on the same side. The 696 and 796 have pipes on either side.

As for size, I don't need to win drag races so a smaller than 1100 should be enough and I am pretty light too so small goes with me. In any case I have to try it to know what I need. If the 696 and 796 feel too slow then maybe. The S2R and the newer generations are both air cool. If I am not mistaken Ducs have water cooled engines but not in the Monster family.

thats a fake monster. real ones have the pipes on the same side.

if you're gonna get one it has to be the big one. the others wont hang with the FZ even. seriously. also if you do go the route of the old (REAL) one, get an S2R because the air/oil cooled bikes are much more reliable than the liquid cooled bikes, which are less reliable than any italian bike stereotype i promise. but they sound fantastic and are righteously fast. oh and wet clutches are your friend with ducs.

Parts AND labor will both be more expensive. My buddy just sold his little monster because in the 2 years he's had it he's dropped 5k into it, excluding gas and tires. Nice weekend bike but I'd go triumph if I were looking for a naked

Back