The Black Bike.

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
I've been keeping busy on this beast. This weekend was headlight and seat time.

Linky to the LJ post here.

Sometimes I make things that actually work. - Headlight pictures.

Teaser picture of the bike here.

0006hhkh

That is all for now. I'm going to try and post updates to this thread as I progress.

Fred

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
My neighbor is a seamstress, and she's been making the cover for the seat.

Today we finished it.

The tail light is a third brake light from a 95 Dodge Avenger.
The license plate will mount below the bottom row of snaps, so the plate will double as the fender.

0006ptak

Mexi-can't

Biker dude
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Is that a Suzuki exhaust? Looks like the one I removed from the Bandit. I can't wait to see this thing finished BTW.

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
Is that a Suzuki exhaust? Looks like the one I removed from the Bandit. I can't wait to see this thing finished BTW.

Good eye. It's the right side muffler from a Busa, mounted on the left side of the bike. (Free muffler, I wasn't going to complain that it was the wrong side. Instead I just bent the bracket and bolted it on.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Fred, you're a bada$$! Yeah that's right. That is such a cool looking project. An intercooler!?!? What are you building? I know that tread design is used elsewhere but that looks like a BT-021 on the back...

Keep us updated on this beast!

Cliff

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Feels good to create a beast with your skill's don't it........:rockon: :thumbup::thumbup: :D(sinister laugh)...

chunkygoat

Reaction score
Visit site
My neighbor is a seamstress, and she's been making the cover for the seat.

Today we finished it.

The tail light is a third brake light from a 95 Dodge Avenger.
The license plate will mount below the bottom row of snaps, so the plate will double as the fender.

0006ptak

Dude, you're a crazy mof***er man! I've never seen anything like it. I love it though, keep us posted.

:rockon:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It used to be one of these.

k75rt.jpg

I think the founder of BMW just dookied... that is a far cry for where it started, but honestly i like it better, those are some of the ugliest bikes that BMW ever made IMO and BMW has/does make some ugly bikes.

looking good as a fighter though :)

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Having witnessed part of the evolution, or perhaps de-evolution, it is really cool what Fred has created. He has HAND CRAFTED the turbo flange, the entire exhaust system, adapted a Mega-Squirt fuel injection system, wrote the programing for it, and made a custom timing wheel for the motor in his garage machine shop. :bow:

His creativity of the design and use of other OEM parts (Busa muffler and head light) are a stroke of genius.

Hats off! :thumbup:

Oh and, :Flip:

Fred, got your message too late to make it to Lovejoy's. I finished 17 days straight of Army stuff and was fast asleep by 3:00 pm yesterday. I woke up in time to watch the awards presentation and interviews. It was nice to see other racers including Colin Edwards on the podium. Maybe next time.

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
Fred, got your message too late to make it to Lovejoy's. I finished 17 days straight of Army stuff and was fast asleep by 3:00 pm yesterday. I woke up in time to watch the awards presentation and interviews. It was nice to see other racers including Colin Edwards on the podium. Maybe next time.

I actually missed it. I was in the garage wiring up the turn signals instead.

Thanks to all of you for the kind words. I'm hoping to have this machine on the road in the next week, and I'll get some video and better pictures.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I actually missed it. I was in the garage wiring up the turn signals instead.

Thanks to all of you for the kind words. I'm hoping to have this machine on the road in the next week, and I'll get some video and better pictures.

Cool, we'll have to go for a spin. I'll have the other black bike back from AF1 this afternoon or tomorrow. Too hot to do any more testing until the Fall.

Oh Micah's 4 Gas kicked the bucket a few weeks ago and he's rebuilding it, a few upgrades too as I understand.

When I was there last he's really excited about tuning your Beast.

He has an Aprilia RVS1000 in the shop with a blower on it. The owner is okay with engine time being measured in hours too. The engineering on it is totally cool but the boost is way too high, 11 I think. The owner shimmed the head instead of machining the pistons so it been a real pain, leak city. Has NOX too. 190 to 200 hp at the wheel I think. And that is on Micah's dyno, not the other brand.

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
I RODE THE BLACK BIKE!

I put it on the road tonight. It needs to be tuned. The engine misfires across a lot of the fuel map. But boy howdy, that was FUN! And that blower sounds nice.

Fred