testing my helmet cam

seth0941

THE REAPER
Reaction score
Visit site
well i did it, i got a motocomm helmet cam. just installed it on my bike. the weather was not nice but it turned out ok. what do you think?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc-6qtca1mo"]YouTube - yamaha fz6 motocomm helmet cam test[/ame]

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very cool... Bike sounds good too.. What type of exausht do you have on it?

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
That camera is impressive. The image is very good quality, and vibration free.
You might want to tilt it down a bit so the camera can see more of the road. That would also get rid of that black bar at the top of the screen.

How much did the camera cost?
Where is it mounted on the bike?

Last edited:
B

Bo67

Pretty cool Seth.
Is the footage stored digitally or on a camcorder-type tape?
I think it would be awesome if there was some way to superimpose speed and RPMs on the screen.
Your rain there turned into my snow here so my bike just gets to collect dust in the garage today.:(

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Excellent video, You dont appear to move your head much when you look? Is this because of the camera or is this just the way it looks? I noticed that when you came up to the first stop sign I didn't have a clue what was coming from the left.

Neil

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Excellent video, You dont appear to move your head much when you look? Is this because of the camera or is this just the way it looks? I noticed that when you came up to the first stop sign I didn't have a clue what was coming from the left.

Neil
Ok My bad, the title of the post is a bit misleading "helmet cam". I just watched the whole vid and I now realise its on your bike lol.

seth0941

THE REAPER
Reaction score
Visit site
That camera is impressive. The image is very good quality, and vibration free.
You might want to tilt it down a bit so the camera can see more of the road. That would also get rid of that black bar at the top of the screen.

How much did the camera cost?
Where is it mounted on the bike?

thanx, the video quality on youtube is not that good. i can watch it on mt big screen tv at home and it looks better. i have it mounted on the underside of the fairing.

seth0941

THE REAPER
Reaction score
Visit site

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
yep that is it. the battery in the dvr lasts about 6 hrs. the cam battery last longer. it records on to a memory stick and it will accept up to a 2g witch will record about 6 hrs.
Sounds like a great bit of kit. Sorry for my stupid comment earlier. When you poped the wheelie what gear and revs were you at before you dropped the clutch?