Testing at the Circuit of Americas

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Too bad its not closer to us near the east coast. everythings always gotta be out west...

I wish they would close down NYC streets and do a race track in the Manhattan. Only the best would survive the multitude of pot holes, uneven roads etc.. In addition they should eliminate all traffic with exception of ****ty 3rd world cabbie drivers.

Ohh man I would to see the day when such a "death race" would be organized.

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It seems all of the riders agree that the track is difficult. Long straightaways that go directly into tight hairpins, twisty with areas of flipping between 1st and 2nd gears then back to 6th. :thumbup:

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
Not a big fan of the new F1 tracks. Too many long straights leading to tight corners. Add the Texas sized runoff areas and the track is a little difficult to see on TV. The F1 race was good but not too impressed with the Rolex - but maybe that was because of the NASCAR influence - we r selling crashes not racing!

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
I'll be there this weekend starting tomorrow (Friday). They have only sold about 30,000 tickets so not going to be a huge turnout from what I hear. This vid is posted on COTA's facebook page, it's pretty cool. One lap on a superbike.

Pictures, lots of pictures. Umbrella girls and a bike or two please :thumbup:

Sun Diego FZ6

rides on!
Reaction score
Visit site
I wonder if the low ticket sales can be partly to blame for the extra pricey hotel accommodations.
It's expected to be worse come fall for the Formula 1 race. :eek: