test of 8000 rpm yamaha dealer

pedrolima88

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello, first congratulations for the forum, he has helped me too. The forums here in Brazil has so much quality content as yours.

Yesterday I went to the Yamaha dealer here in Rio de Janeiro and the mechanic did a test I had ever seen. He sped my bike up to 8000 rpm in neutral and let out the throttle quickly. The motorcycle died when he fell near the turning at 1000 rpm. According to him need to clean the nozzles, is this true? I have not seen this test. My bike usually works at any rpm, just delete this test it.

Thank you all!

Look, the idle I do not believe it, because if I do this test with 6k or 7k rpm it does not turn off. If I come walking right, around 9k rpm and at a stop sign it does not turn off. when I call it, it varies from 900 to 1000 rpm. But I never hung up.

I can even increase the idling Parafuri is on the left side of the tank?

There are times that the rpm comes near to 600, but never killed the bike. When I start it the morning I feel it at idle faster than normal, but as soon as I walk with her, she comes back normal. Could it be idle?

What is TPS? Thanks!

Last edited:
What is TPS? Thanks!

TPS is throttle positioning sensor. There was a recall for the TPS and I believe it affected 04 and 05 models. You guys chime in if those are the wrong years. A bad TPS will cause the bike idle to jump around and in extreme cases go too low and stall especially after a hard rev. Our bikes are supposed to have the idle speed set to 1250-1350 rpm when the engine is warm

Then it must be idle! mine never got above 1000 rpm. most often it is with the pointer below 1000 rpm. To be honest it is only above 1000 rpm when I'm accelerating. I thought it was normal, then it is good to increase the idle to 1,300 rpm?

Mine is 08/09

Then it must be idle! mine never got above 1000 rpm. most often it is with the pointer below 1000 rpm. To be honest it is only above 1000 rpm when I'm accelerating. I thought it was normal, then it is good to increase the idle to 1,300 rpm?

Mine is 08/09

Yes, that should fix it. There's a screw on the left side of the bike. It's under the tank, but you can stick a screwdriver in between the frame and the tank to reach it. Simple fix. Let the bike warm up first so you can get an accurate idle reading.

thanks a lot man! i will repair its tomorrow!

Thanks, very thanks! the mechanich tell me to pay 100 U$ to repair its.

just to confirm, is low ? your is over 1000 ?

img0224p.jpg

thanks

Back