Test Drove a Harely Forty Eight

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So I was just toying with the idea to test drive a motorcycle I had seen and I came across the Harley Forty Eight. I thought the bike was pretty cool. I didn't have 10K in my pocket but I just was throwing the idea around. So I test road one and like the feel of the ride, but the a couple things I did not like. The intake filter sits on the right side of the bike and gets direct air flow but my knee keeps banging into it. The other thing I noticed was the seat. The bike was slick looking but when I had was sitting on the bike and started to shift I felt my bottom slide out between gears. Maybe I need to gain some weight. Its a slick bike, I wouldn't mind it, but not enough to lose my fz6 over.

D

Dave.TX

Barf on the color, not quite burnt orange but close (University of Texas at Austin). Even their stripped down simple bikes look heavy. There's a place in the world for Harley Davidson and I respect their company quite a bit. They're just not for me. It looks decent, I do like the minimalist fender.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The 48 is a nice looking bike, in fact, one of the few Harley's that looks remotely useful, pity it's got a tractor motor in it!

See lots of 48's about though, most customised in some way, so they cant be all that bad...for a Harley!

:D

Kaisersoze

Reaction score
Visit site
What do you guys think about "the mainstream" choppers that the big moto companies are putting out? ie. Honda Fury, etc. etc.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What do you guys think about "the mainstream" choppers that the big moto companies are putting out? ie. Honda Fury, etc. etc.

Dont think i would like to ride one, but the Fury, for example, looks as custom as custom, and it looks good.

I reckon being a production bike from Honda, it would be a very good proposition, if you are into that sort of thing.

:thumbup: