Terrible riding conditions!

Nooj

Reaction score
Visit site
That was horrendous! I've just got in from work having done 17 miles along the A343 from Andover to Newbury in possibly the worst riding conditions I've ever encountered.

Imagine riding along a windy river with a gritty, stoney bed, sometimes just stones and bits of tree, sometimes flooded up to your axels, in the dark, at about 4*C with occasional fog, gusts of wind continually knocking you off line and the odd car every few miles and a couple of HGVs driving at you coming the other way.

Suffice to say, I am NOT looking forward to doing it again tomorrow.

Nooj

Reaction score
Visit site
The car's waiting for repairs after spinning it round in the snow and hitting the curb last Monday morning, that's why I'm on the bike this week. I had three days off last week due to being snowed in and it was taken it out of my holiday entitlement, if I have tomorrow off as well, they'll do the same.

On the upside, if I survive the next few days of riding in these conditions, after all that ****ty weather practice, I should be unbeatable in the summer :rockon:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The car's waiting for repairs after spinning it round in the snow and hitting the curb last Monday morning, that's why I'm on the bike this week. I had three days off last week due to being snowed in and it was taken it out of my holiday entitlement, if I have tomorrow off as well, they'll do the same.

On the upside, if I survive the next few days of riding in these conditions, after all that ****ty weather practice, I should be unbeatable in the summer :rockon:

best of luck to you then, i ride in some pretty bad conditions, but those sound terrible.

Nooj

Reaction score
Visit site
I hate riding in weather like this and will usually take the car at the first sign of rain (no riding or grip issues, just hate living in wet bike kit). It's nice to know I can do it if needed, but I REALLY don't want to have to do it every night for the rest of the week.