Tank camera

Zebratounge

Reaction score
Visit site
The JVC hard drive hybrid did not hold up very well on the tank. It would lock up anytime I went over 6k RPMs.
I would have to remove the battery to reset it. It may have been the vibration.
I returned it and am currently looking for a replacement.
Does anyone know of a good flash memory camcorder that works well as a tank cam?

tolgatt

Goodfella
Reaction score
Visit site
my hdd camcorder doesnt work with bikes as well,,its the little vibrations making it stop recording,,,,its because of the harddrive protection systems on the camcorders.. on the other hand the movie mode on the digital cameras work just fine,,,,i think that proves writing it to a flash memory is not effected by motorcycle riding and vibrations....i do not recommend hdd camcorders if you are planning to use it with the bike,,,,other than that they are great :)

helmet cams are really cool but i realised that in the video clips if a part of the bike doesnt show on the screen,,especially the gauges , i dont enjoy watching it....its kinda hard with the helmet cam ..but its just me....

by the way my Sony DCR-SR60 camcorder has "A/V input" option that enables me to hook up a little wireless spy camera to my helmet and records it to its hard drive while its inside of my tank bag...you can do creative stuff with that option,,,,

Andyjo

Reaction score
Visit site
One of my buddies has a Digital Hero, Mini Camera, takes a SD card, has all sorts of mounts. We took it skiing a few times, helmet mounted, leg mount, etv.., and the videos came out awesome.
I think the camera itself was something like 150, all of the extra mounts and stuff are like 60 i think.