Tank bag tail bag or backpack

forwil

***** Elite
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am looking for something to use back and fourth from work for my lunch and gym shoes maybe a bottle of water. I like the idea of a backpack I can take with me while off the bike. What do you guys use? Pros and cons brands ease of use,(backpack on and off) if using a backpack with a tail pack do they get in the way of each other. Thanks

Manx

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought a Givi T430, I can use it as a tank bag or tail pack, has a handle for carrying or comes with a shoulder strap - which I've never used.

08-04-2009018small.jpg

04-04-2009readytotour.jpg

The only downside is it doesn't have a clear top for a map, otherwise a good bag.

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
I bought a Givi T430, I can use it as a tank bag or tail pack, has a handle for carrying or comes with a shoulder strap - which I've never used.

08-04-2009018small.jpg

04-04-2009readytotour.jpg

The only downside is it doesn't have a clear top for a map, otherwise a good bag.

Could you post some pics of the bike without bags?
I just want to see the rag naked.

B

bluenova

I commute every day. I used to use a backpack but it really got on my nerves while riding, I always felt it there and didn't feel 'free' to ride. I now use a magnetic tank bag and it's perfect, easy to pull off and put on and it's expandable if I ever need more room. I think a tail bag is not so easy for quick trips like commuting as they normally take longer to remove/install and make it interesting getting on and off the bike. For over night trips I would use a tank and tail bag.

Manx

Reaction score
Visit site
I think I only have one pic of the bike without bags taken just after fitting the new seat.

seat2small.jpg

FZyLarry

No power slides for me
Reaction score
Visit site
I have all three and what I'm doing determines which one gets used. The backpack is the main commute to work choice because it is designed to carry my laptop. I can fit my lunch and gym stuff in there as well.

Tank bag is a cortech min and it's great but really only holds enough for stuff I'd carry on a day ride into the local mountains. The Nelson Rigg tail bag is for over nighters. No side bags yet but eventually the matching Nelson Rigg side bags will come along...

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
buy a tail bag.. you'll thank me later.. they are the easiest to use without running the risk of scrathing up the tank...

Ghost Weim

Time to ride!!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a Cortech expandanable tail bag, a Joe Rock tank bag and a Swiss Gear backpack. I too choose the bag for what I am doing. I have found that for work, I prefer the backpack - but I use it as a tailbag and web bungie it down. It holds a heck of a lot and I can toss it over my shoulder for easy carrying. The Cortech and Joe Rocket are used mainly on non-work rides.