taking it all off

red_rock_beetle

Reaction score
Visit site
well i dropped the bike on Sunday, because of loose gravel and a corner, at about 45-50 mph. after some assessment i realized even without frame sliders my frame came out un-scratched! so i have decided to go naked and have been working on a few things after work when i get a chance, first i have stripped everything off the front end

b2b18172.jpg

then i started making a bracket to fit the speedo/tach because i cant seem to find one, i had a piece of stainless laying around so i figured, why not?

1add7fdc.jpg

1a57d880.jpg

after i made this bracket and tried it i realized it was too flimsy in the up and down direction so i added a small 1/2"X1/2" piece of aluminum angle i had laying around to solve that and now shes good. ill add a pic of this tomorrow

and for those who are interested, this is my leg where the fence decided i didn't need to be airborne anymore, i know im white, the tubing season has just begun tho! OUCH!

Iron Cross

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your fall...had the same thing happen to me, hit a gravel/salt pile in a turn going about 40mph. Messed up mostly just my front fender. Only difference was I had already decided to go naked (kit was shipped) so didnt care too much about the fender. But my crank case was messed up. Just got done painting it yesterday!

PS...I'm whiter than you even in the middle of summer haha!:D

Good luck on making her all new again!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I still have LeaN69 S2 bracket (unpainted) if you want to pick one up for cheap. Sucks about the crash, but you're gonna end up with a cool naked!

red_rock_beetle

Reaction score
Visit site
what bracket is that?

here is the one i made, if you look close enough you can see that the angle on the bottom is beveled so you cant see it at all from above
7f814230.jpg

view from above, it is very sturdy now, the only time i saw it move is when i went over a very bumpy dirt road it barely moved.
7cbcdfaf.jpg

Which brings me to my next point. i rode it today naked for about 5 miles of mixed driving and got it up to speed, i can not believe how smooth the airflow is compared to the standard fz6 and it feels lighter too (just my imagination?) it feels like a whole other bike. my headlights should be in soon so i can ride legally:spank:

Iron Cross

Reaction score
Visit site
Which brings me to my next point. i rode it today naked for about 5 miles of mixed driving and got it up to speed, i can not believe how smooth the airflow is compared to the standard fz6 and it feels lighter too (just my imagination?) it feels like a whole other bike. my headlights should be in soon so i can ride legally:spank:

well technically it is lighter ha! But yea I love the airflow...so much nicer! Can actually feel my jacket vents flowing like air conditioning! Unnntil you hit about 70ish...then airflow turns into AIR HOLD THE HELL ON!!

Jk....its not that bad... :p

tanman

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your fall...had the same thing happen to me, hit a gravel/salt pile in a turn going about 40mph. Messed up mostly just my front fender. Only difference was I had already decided to go naked (kit was shipped) so didnt care too much about the fender. But my crank case was messed up. Just got done painting it yesterday!

PS...I'm whiter than you even in the middle of summer haha!:D

Good luck on making her all new again!

You've done an awesome job of respraying your cover! Could you tell me what brand/colour you used as I need to do the same to mine after a 40 mph low side on a slipway with loose crap all over it. Thanks :thumbup:

Iron Cross

Reaction score
Visit site
You've done an awesome job of respraying your cover! Could you tell me what brand/colour you used as I need to do the same to mine after a 40 mph low side on a slipway with loose crap all over it. Thanks :thumbup:

Sure...it was VHT...just black I think. Anyway heres a pic, pretty sure I got it at a Pep Boys or some place major like that. Each coat comes out kinda chalky, but after the last coat (3rd) fully dried, I kinda polished it with a dry rag and it came out like that, removing the chalky look.