Take a moment - Sept 11

PFD023

Reaction score
Visit site
Folks if you haven't already, please take a moment today and remember those who paid the ultimate sacrifice on this day. Also please don't forget those who rose to the occasion and assisted in search and rescue/recovery efforts and as a result are now suffering from health related effects....many of those have succumbed to their illnesses.
For all of them this started off as just a "normal day".....kissing their families goodbye in the morning thinking that they'd see them later that day in time for dinner.
Most knew climbing the tower stairs, going to help others, that they would not be coming down.....courage beyond belief.
Never forget and never take for granted.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I went to the twin towers site in ny last year- i think to read the names, to see the space, to feel the location to just be there and to sleep in the area. To walk the very footpaths that those who lived and experienced the days and weeks and months of horrors is just a whisper, a puff of smoke, the merest hint of the sad experience that those that were there, that responded, that witnessed ...
...i cant describe how i felt
It was a very humbling experience to be in NY and be at the site of such tragedy fir so many

I have to say it gave me solace to be there with my wife and brother( and his wife) the folk that mean so much to me

my iPhone post using Tapatalk - sorry for any shpillong mishtooks i has fat fingies

Last edited:

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd like to add to the OP if it's ok. Do you remember where you were and what you were doing at the time? I do, I was in my 2nd week of A-school to become a Petty Officer in Yorktown, VA. We were working on our qualifications dealing with taps and die's and fixing damaged threads. Our instructor came into the shop and gave us the news. Some of my class mates had friends and family in the towers.......I'll never forget that day....ever.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
I was in my Environmental Law class at Virginia Tech Junior year. Class had just started at 9am EST and the university suspended all classes at 9:15am. All I knew was a plane had hit tower 1 in NYC and it wasn't clear what was happening until I got back to my room and flipped on the news. What a hectic day that was. I had a family friend in the pentagon and didn't hear any news on him till later that afternoon that he was ok.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I had finished a night shift and was in bed. My wife came into me and said "Wake up" there's been a terrible accident, come and see". I got up but in my sleepy haze thought the second plane was a replay. We both sat there stunned with what we had just witnessed. The camera people on the ground did an amazing job in bringing the reality to my very own front room. My brother was an out of state fire department member who respond to the call. Carnage is how he described it.
A day in history embedded Like shrapnel in our minds. RIP those who gave their lives on such a tragic day.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We were watching a movie on TV when it was interrupted saying there had been an accident and a plane had flown into Tower 1. Whilst we were watching the live footage, the 2nd plane hit.

Then the other flights starting going down. It was a night we'll never forget.

So many people from around the world were killed that day and so many since. And we're still fighting the war on terrorism. A war we WILL all win.

RIP