T-Rex Frame Sliders $23.20

F

FZSex

I think I paid $20ish for mine. I'm not sure how they would hold up but if they last through a tip over or low speed slide, they were more than worth the $23 bucks.

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I purchased these for my '08 a few months back. I haven't run into a situation to "test" them yet. ;-)

They're made of Derlin like many other frame sliders and have aluminum inserts to make them even more durable. For the money, I say it's a good piece of mind to minimize damage from a drop. They delivered them quickly with no hassles. I say go for it!

fz6joker

Damn Hooligan
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I ordered a set. For 23.20 I just couldn't pass them up. These would definetly make a good present for anybody who owns an FZ and doesn't have a bunch of extra cash.

ANLR21

Master Blaster
Reaction score
Visit site
I've got these. For $23, just go for it. I did get to test my prior set with a low-side, and they more than did their job. I doubt that the more expensive ones could have done better, as most (not all) are made of the same sacrificial material, Delrin.

The aluminum inserts on these are definitely a plus, since this will make sure that you're able to torque the mount bolt (also an engine mount) to the proper specs. Without the insert, you're just compressing the Delrin.

Whether these or others, just make sure you've got some frame sliders on the bike.

Be safe

Mr.Spoofy

Reaction score
Visit site
Are the bolts long enough so you don’t strip the engine mount? I have heard that this is a problem with some sliders. I like the Motivation sliders but for the price difference I’ll go with the T-Rex I think.

cp04

Dunder Mifflin Employee
Reaction score
Visit site
I've had T-Rex sliders on two of my bikes so far and bought a set of stands from them also. I haven't "tested" them on my FZ-6 but did get to see them do their job on my old 98 Honda. The only mechanical parts that were hurt was a giant dent in the tank and a broken brake lever. I'm not really sure if that could have been avoided though since the bike flew into a ditch. I would definately recommend their sliders and stands to anyone. As far as the bolt lenght I think they were plenty long enough and I haven't had a problem with them stripping in either of my bikes.

coursonap

Reaction score
profile.myspace.com
I just got my set that I ordered off of ebay didnt take long to get them. They seem like they are a quality product I am going to put mine on this weekend.

antijoy

Reaction score
Visit site
I've reviewed these before on here. Don't worry about the bolts, they are stronger and thread deeper than than the stock bolts.

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've got a set of their sliders installed. Now I've got a way to change positions while riding for when my butt falls asleep.

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i bought them back in may when i bought my fz6, knock on wood have never laid a street bike down, so I can't say they do their job, but I do put my legs on them when my butt goes numb....:thumbup:

staticghost

FZ6 Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh yeah....I have these on my bike now. They are worth the money. I droped my bike once and thank god I had these on. Was up a very steep hill, my first week into my riding ever, had my foot on tha back brake and stolled out by mistake and the bike just went down so quicly did not know what happend. There was a major stratch on the slider but nothing to the frame or the bike. Paid about the same for them. Much better then any other slider I was looking at.

RyanK

Reaction score
community.webshots.com
Installtion last night went great :thumbup:. Look like a good product for the price.

I'm not sure why people were saying the instructions were wrong? :confused: The long goes on the left is what the instructions said, which makes sense since the left case cover sticks out so far...

I used a sheet of plywood up against the tires (to represent the bike laying down) and leaned it up intil it hit something, and it looks liek the cases will hit first, but the sliders are about even distance from the plywood when installed per the instructions, long on left (clutch side).

FZ6er_FSR

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys,

Thanks for your posts. Sliders were something I was going to install over the winter and had set my eyes on the Motovation version. Since the T-Rex sliders have similar features: Allen Bolt and aluminum inserts, I decided to pick those up and save a couple of bucks since we're in hard economic times and all.

Now, I can ride in the rain with a little more confidence since my bike won't be as expensive to fix if something happens.

Business must be booming for this ebay seller! Just as it was for Motovation USA back in the summer, when one of us posted pictures after sliding their bike.

:D

DeeLewis

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, just wanted to chime in on these sliders. Got them a couple days ago, installed them today. Installation went great, instructions were nice and clear to understand. Would definitely recommend.

FZ6er_FSR

Reaction score
Visit site
My sliders came in on Dec 31. I picked up some "blue thread lock" (similar to Loctite) to install them today. While inspecting the received parts, Aluminum shaving came out when I pushed the bolt into the inserts.

A few tips:

Before installing, air clean the sliders and bolts to ensure no shavings are left. Ensure no shavings or other containments are present on the threads other than thread lock when installing.

I didn’t have a torque wrench so before removing the stock bolt, I tried to get a feel of how much force I needed to apply to get the bolt tighten and removed.

Slowly and gently as possible, hand tighten the bolt with the slider to ensure the correct bolts lengths were received before applying thread lock. Only use force with a tool when getting the bolt tighten and snug.

On my 06`FZ6, the right side went in a bit rough.

Only tightening the bolts to a snug feel with thread lock applied, I can still ride with confidence that the bolts won’t vibrate off.

Comments:

Instructions were straight forward. Both bolts supplied are correct and identical, M10x80mm, overall length of bolts 90mm.

Having a stronger grade bolt doesn’t necessary mean better. The stock steel bolt is already stronger and denser than the FZ6’s Aluminum engine casting, over tightening the bolts with excessive force, especially with a higher grade bolt will strip the Aluminum threads. Also, depending on the crash, you may want the slider and bolt to shear off instead of causing damage to the engine, but to worry about that is probably the last thing on your mind when that happens.

Overall, installation was easy; remove 2 bolts and put in new ones.