Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site

david323

Can't Re Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If I dropped my helmet hard enough to break something, I'd be concerned that the protective foam is now compromised and would likely look for a replacement. The outer plastic shell may not have deformed (or sprung back after deformation), but I'll bet the foam underneath that protects your brain case is now compressed. You only get one head, I wouldn't play around with trying to fix it cosmetically. Just my 2 cents.

aclayonb

Reaction score
Visit site
Pretty sure DOT/Snell standards say a 3 foot drop is considered grounds for replacement - period... not that I ever follow traditional safety precautions.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I broke one of the liner retainer snaps on my scorpion helmet once, I contacted scorpion and they sent me a pre paid slip to ship it back to them for repair fee of charge.

I would suggest you contact your helmet's customer Assistance for information about repair, you may have the same results I did.

IMO, if they can't/won't Help you out with it, they are not a brand I would want.

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi david,
I was holding the strap, the helmet is upside down, like the top of the head is facing downwards, and i dropped it, same style twice.
Thanks for the advice, I removed the cushion and updated few pics here.
I don't see any cracks inside, should i be looking the other side of the protective foam?

If I dropped my helmet hard enough to break something, I'd be concerned that the protective foam is now compromised and would likely look for a replacement. The outer plastic shell may not have deformed (or sprung back after deformation), but I'll bet the foam underneath that protects your brain case is now compressed. You only get one head, I wouldn't play around with trying to fix it cosmetically. Just my 2 cents.

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
I broke one of the liner retainer snaps on my scorpion helmet once, I contacted scorpion and they sent me a pre paid slip to ship it back to them for repair fee of charge.

I would suggest you contact your helmet's customer Assistance for information about repair, you may have the same results I did.

IMO, if they can't/won't Help you out with it, they are not a brand I would want.

I've sent an email to them already few days ago, i might call them instead of an email now. Here, the brand is HJC, one of the leading helmet companies.
Will see how they will respond to my second email.!

:thumbup:

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
called HJC and found out this model is disc. 4 yrs ago.
replacement part costs 55$. thinking to buy a new helmet and i remember there are lot of posts regarding helmet purchase suggestions.

I got a KBC XL helmet, i'll put it on eBay, once it gets sold i'll buy replacement for this helmet with that money.

I have to replace this whole set..!
https://www.google.com/webhp?source...=shop&q=HJC+Chin+Bar+Set+for+Symax+II+Helmets