Swingarm Spools?

yamaha rider87

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey does anyone know if you can tap your swingarm to accept spools for using a rear wheel racing stand? If so, can you still access the rear wheel and remove it with the bike staying on the spools? I know our swingarms aren't tapped from the factory but the swingarm slider method of supporting the rear end doesn't seem very effective because you can't remove the rear wheel with the bike resting on swingarm sliders. I want to use racing stands so that I can hopefully remove my center stand but still be able to get the back end of the bike up and be able to remove the rear wheel so as to replace the tire, etc. Thoughts?

MRGM

Reaction score
Visit site
I think there is enough material on the rear dropout to drill and tap for a spool. Assuming the dropout is solid Al...

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
I made my own a couple of years ago out of aluminum flat stock, attached are pdfs of my working drawings. Removed the swingarm, drilled through holes on the bottom surface and installed the mounts. Screws go through the mount and arm and are secured with Nylok nuts from inside the swingarm. If you want I can get a couple of pictures of the orientation on the bike.

yamaha rider87

Reaction score
Visit site
yea the trick is I want swingarm spools instead of axle sliders because I want to be able to have the bike on a rear wheel racing stand and be able to remove the rear wheel entirely. The reason for not doing this on the centerstand is I wish to remove it, and I would have gotten the generic stands that support your bike via the swingarm but I heard bad rumors that those aren't as secure as placing your bike on a racing stand with spools.

W

wrightme43

I did it with plain old swing arm spools. Just drill and tap no problems.