130hp
75 ft/lbs
410lbs

990sd-rbig.jpg

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
KTM, since the late 90's have always had sharp agressive lines on their off road bikes. I am really enjoying the looks of the On-Road stuff.

-bryan

mstewar1

hot diggity
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Someone else posted a link to this video, so I'm far from original...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4"]YouTube - Jizz In My Pants[/ame]

I like that. I can't see how I'd ever ride one for an extended period of time as my aging bones like a little bit more wind protection. But if I had a wad o' cash just burning its way through my pocket and could afford multiple bikes, you bet I'd have one of those. That would surely release the inner hooligan.

"But occifer, gravity doesn't really apply to the front wheel on this bike, I've tried, it just won't stay down..."

It's funny, cv, I was just up at Roseville Yamaha today and was thinking to myself how yamaha's designers use angular elements to create some sharp looking bikes -- as I was drooling on the '09 fzr6 and the r1 and and and...

Last edited:

Smittyboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks kinda starship trooper-ish, but really cool at the same time. I like it, but I don't see it having the staying power of sexy curves.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
....or at least i think so

KTM 990 super duke

130hp
75 ft/lbs
410lbs

990sd-rbig.jpg
Great looking FZ6 wannabe lol. 130BHP that think is going to be very light in front under hard acceleration.
I read in the UK press a while back that KTM were only going to concentrate on their off road market. You can't always beleive what you read hey.

Nelly

kevlarian

Reaction score
Visit site
I just sat on this *wonderful* machine at the Long Beach International Motorcycle Show. It was wonderful. I tried to take a test ride, but they were all taken. I have to tell you... the seat... SUCKED! OMG! If I ever had the funds to buy this beauty, I woudn't be able to ride it home without some serious padding on my arse!

Otherwise, it was a GREAT bike. Looked great; felt great; sounded great; it was the complete package (except for that damn seat).

mattcosta7

Reaction score
www.matthewcostabile.com
Great looking FZ6 wannabe lol. 130BHP that think is going to be very light in front under hard acceleration.
I read in the UK press a while back that KTM were only going to concentrate on their off road market. You can't always beleive what you read hey.

Nelly

KTM did concentrate on their offroad segment for years. Then they rethoughth it when sales dropped, and cm back with the duke, super duke, and the RC8...now even the RC8R!

I'm still a lover of the 690 SM it's THE KTM to have!

greenthumb

Reaction score
Visit site

Nelly

theyve even developed this, which is now in production!
carbon fiber chasis
240hp audi 4cyl.
1700lbs
0-60 = 3.9
1.5g cornering

1315014741_e7ae809370.jpg

Last edited:

mattcosta7

Reaction score
www.matthewcostabile.com
theyve even developed this, which is now in production!
carbon fiber chasis
240hp audi 4cyl.
1700lbs
0-60 = 3.9
1.5g cornering

1315014741_e7ae809370.jpg

The arrow is kinda cool, except that you can't buy it unless you're over 24!

The funny thing is that Lewis Hamilton, F1 champion is only 23, so theoretically he is not legally allowed to drive an arrow for another year

(stolen from top gear)

202412168-M.jpg

this is the one!

Last edited:

greenthumb

Reaction score
Visit site
The arrow is kinda cool, except that you can't buy it unless you're over 24!

The funny thing is that Lewis Hamilton, F1 champion is only 23, so theoretically he is not legally allowed to drive an arrow for another year

(stolen from top gear)

haha! i watched that last night.

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Its like KTM's version of the atom.

"The Pumpkin Atom" ..lol.

Sorry, some of the offroad guys refer to the KTMs as pumpkins, for obvious reasons.

-bryan

Cuba

Reaction score
Visit site
There was a good article on the super duke in a mag I have laying around, maybe sportrider? Anyway the writer thought it was amazing, he said the torque was godly and it was just a bad ass bike that he fell in love with. I would love to ride one.

MisterX

TopEnd.tv Guy
Reaction score
www.TopEnd.tv
I like that. I can't see how I'd ever ride one for an extended period of time as my aging bones like a little bit more wind protection.

I think that you'd be quite surprised on how much wind protection there really is with those small wind screens. My Buell has a screen similar in size, and I rarely feel the push of the wind until I reach the 70-80 MPH area.

As for the bike posted above: it looks kind of nice. The angles are a little harsh, and I'm not a big fan of the orange, but overall, it isn't too bad.