SW-Motech Riser install question

githianki

Reaction score
Visit site
Any of you guys who have installed this...could you chime in. I installed them last night (all of half and hour) and found that I had to loosen the front brake line clamp that is under the fairing, and cut the wire-ties holding the control cables for some slack. I'm assuming that it is the correct thing to do. Everything is free now, and works properly. Just want to make sure I did it right.

Yep, you did the right thing. My lines were pretty tight as well after I installed the barbacks. Did the same as you, just cut the zip tie to get a little bit of slack. Enjoy!

You could also hook on up on some stainless braided lines. Huge difference. I have the 1 up 1 back risers. Be carefull lifting the tank. I.E. remove the bar before lifting the tank.

Any of you guys who have installed this...could you chime in. I installed them last night (all of half and hour) and found that I had to loosen the front brake line clamp that is under the fairing, and cut the wire-ties holding the control cables for some slack. I'm assuming that it is the correct thing to do. Everything is free now, and works properly. Just want to make sure I did it right.

do you have pics? I have been thinking about doing this myself?

and how do you like the change?

Ok good...don't feel so weirded out by it now. I will have to look into the SS lines for the brakes. :thumbup:

I don't have any pics of them, but I know there are other pics on the forum from other members that have done it. It was stupid easy. Haven't ridden yet, but I do like the way they feel from the seat...will have a better idea after this weekend I hope.

Last edited:
I found there was slack going to the zip ties. So I pulled a tiny bit of cable up through the zip ties and rotated cable a little on the fork tube and it has enough slack without clipping the zip ties. But it was definately too tight before that.

John

Thanks to this forum, I ordered this and just installed them this morning. Super easy to install, and I think they're going to make a huge difference in long distance riding comfort. I only had to snip the zip-tie holding the brake line to the fork tube. Even used the Yamaha top plate, instead of the provided tops. Looks really good!:cheer:

Back