Suspension Question

VNP3

Reaction score
Visit site
I know the front stock forks are nonadjustable. Im a bigger guy, i know the suspension is not set up for my weight. The rear shock, is adjustable correct? I can take care of some issues by adjusting it?

Thanks for the help!

jbwaterman84

Born to ride
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You can change the rear shock by increasing the preload to make it firmer. Won't help with the front sagging, but will help with the ride in the back. Best help in the front would be to either swap the forks for adjustable ones or get better springs for your weight.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
How much weight are we talking about here?

You can change the rear shock by increasing the preload to make it firmer. Won't help with the front sagging, but will help with the ride in the back. Best help in the front would be to either swap the forks for adjustable ones or get better springs for your weight.

Or simply pops the cops of the forks and increase the preload on the front forks with washers or a longer spacer...pretty easy to do.

Northern Rider

Reaction score
Visit site
I went with race tech springs and emulators about a month ago. Race tech set up everything for my weight. It was a huge difference and with minimal mechanical experience it was only $500 for new springs, emulators and oil. Its a new bike.

FZ6_Dude

FZ6 Corner Carver
Reaction score
Visit site
yea the springs will run you about 125$ shipped and i went with 15wt fork oil bell ray... about 15$ then a few hours of install and you have yourself a new bike...