Superglue in lock

JayJay

Reaction score
www.maverickrenegades.com
My oldest son decided to 'help' fix my motorcycle one early Saturday morning and poured the contents of a tube of superglue into my tank lock.

Unfortunately I did not know about this until I went to fill the tank on the way home. On reserve I doubt that I would have made the 30+kms so I called the one guy that could help....

Wolfman your a legend!

I rocked up at his place and soon Wolfman and Mikey had a plan to get fuel into the tank. Within minutes the tank was off, upside down and we were pouring fuel into the tank.

Thanks again guys I cant say that enough!

Anyway my solution to the glue.

I called a locksmith who mentioned soaking the lock and possibly drilling! Did not like the sound of that at all.

After some googling I found that Nitro Methane was superglue's enemy and Spook got me a litre of it from Model Flight on goodwood road.

After he used a teaspoon to apply it to the lock and some working it through the lock was fixed and it now opens.

I can not believe the mates I have atm I must have done something right in a previous life. :BLAA:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah! You're all an awesome lot! Thanks for sharing cuz I know I'll run into this one day and need this knowledge. And you know your little one may have been directed by a larger minded universe to keep you safe. Just give em hugs! maybe some extra ice cream this weekend! :BLAA:

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Man I thought my kids were trouble. Hard to be upset b/c he just wanted to help out tho. BTW looks the the "goodwood" belongs to your avatar! Ha!

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mike has hidden the superglue from me for years.

If I buy some, he finds it. He hides it :(

Don't know why :confused:

Can't have anything to do with the time I got superglue all over the freezer lid then glued my fingers together, can it?.......

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Mike has hidden the superglue from me for years.

If I buy some, he finds it. He hides it :(

Don't know why :confused:

Can't have anything to do with the time I got superglue all over the freezer lid then glued my fingers together, can it?.......

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:rof::rof::rof:

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Lesson for the day.....DONT LET YOUR KIDS NEAR THE SUPERGLUE! EVER!

:thumbup:

Back when I was in Highschool (fought dinasours on the way there) a guy I knew got to school early one morning and superglued every locked door he find!!! most of the school had to wait in the cafeteria a couple of hours while maitenence took the doors of the rooms!! it was EPIC !! :BLAA: :rockon: :D

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Back when I was in Highschool (fought dinasours on the way there) a guy I knew got to school early one morning and superglued every locked door he find!!! most of the school had to wait in the cafeteria a couple of hours while maitenence took the doors of the rooms!! it was EPIC !! :BLAA: :rockon: :D

:rof: If I knew where that kid was now i'd buy him a beer :thumbup: Why didnt I think of that , our classrooms were always locked during morning tea & lunch break :D

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

I bet the guys name was Donny! :BLAA: :rof::rof: