Sunday ride in the Adirondacks

Adirondack Jack

Don't call me " Jun ior&a
Reaction score
Visit site
We survived! I met up with Cheryl at noon yesterday and we did a full loop. 150 miles + by the time I got back home. More than that for Cheryl, as she had to make the effort to get north an hour and a half before we even started.
It turned out to be a fairly warm afternoon with the sun breaking out here and there. Some nice scenery and fun roads through the mountains. The leaves are beginning to turn but nothing too stellar yet. Here's some pics. Unfortunately we didn't stop too often for photo ops. Too much road, too little time!
Here's Cheryl arriving, a gas stop in Port Henry, and watching the buffalo roam in North Hudson. More to come.

Adirondack Jack

Reaction score
Visit site
Last ones!
Cheryl thinks it's funny that Sporty's has a WORKING phone booth. But whattya gonna do? No cell service in the mts.

Parting company in Warrensburg after a great day!

Cheryl is working on organizing a mountain ride weekend for next year. Right, Cheryl? :D

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the pics! Really like it up there when it turns. My parent would take us camping up there and a lot of our family all the way back to the natives where from there. :rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::D

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great stuff! Would love to join you guys for a ride one day. It'd be a 4+ hour ride for me just to get up there though.

Adirondack Jack

Reaction score
Visit site
Great stuff! Would love to join you guys for a ride one day. It'd be a 4+ hour ride for me just to get up there though.
Well....you'll just have to plan on an extra day or two!
We always have room here (empty nesters). There will be some nice fall days ahead to ride. The down side is that the NYS Thruway is BORING and that's really the best way to get here.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The down side is that the NYS Thruway is BORING and that's really the best way to get here.

Yup! I'm on it twice a week for at least 100 miles each way in the winter... by car though.
Very cool to know that I would have a place to stay :thumbup:

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like it was a fun ride! Let me know when you are doing next one, I'd love to join ya. It's quite a ways for me too, but I'll just get up early ;-)

TeacherJoe

Reaction score
Visit site
Dan, Great pics. Thanks for the post. Sounds like a few folks want to get up your way. It would be a great rally. I think you had that idea when I was up.;)

And Smersh, I see you're in Fairfield. I'm just up the road in Hamden.

Joe

Adirondack Jack

Reaction score
Visit site
Dan, Great pics. Thanks for the post. Sounds like a few folks want to get up your way. It would be a great rally. I think you had that idea when I was up.;)

And Smersh, I see you're in Fairfield. I'm just up the road in Hamden.

Joe

Hey Joe! Glad to know you might be up for a trip to Minerva next summer. After all....you've ridden there in the rain! We basically did a modified version of the loop you and I took this year but with great weather.
Hope your school year is off to a good start. Maggie says "hi" and Bandit wags his tail in your general direction.
PS- I think it was YOU that had that idea about a rally.:spank:

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Joe,

Yes, I'm nearby. Let's ride some time. My schedule is generally hectic, but on Sat mornings or Sunday afternoons, I try to get out and put some miles on the tires.

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Joe! Glad to know you might be up for a trip to Minerva next summer. After all....you've ridden there in the rain! We basically did a modified version of the loop you and I took this year but with great weather.
Hope your school year is off to a good start. Maggie says "hi" and Bandit wags his tail in your general direction.
PS- I think it was YOU that had that idea about a rally.:spank:

Yeah..........I'm still planning LOL. Really though, I will organize a group meet for next year if there is interest. I will start a thread soon to check interest.

I'm still looking for the cable to my card reader so I can download my pics, hopefully I will have them up tonight or tomorrow.

It was a great ride and I was really getting into those curves by the end (gotta work on the chicken strips since I got new tires) - thanks Dan! :thumbup:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I REALLY need new tires after that session, Cheryl. Just looking online today.

Sporty's Iron Duke Saloon

Here's the link to Sporty's in case anybody wants to preview a proposed spot to meet and stay.

That's one of the reasons why I'll likely not be making big riding plans till next year. Rear tire is just about spent and I don't want to put a new one on before the winter.

Sporty's looks cool.. 265 miles from my house, but I'd be interested :D