Study: ABS reduces motorcycle fatalities 38%

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
No kits are available as far as I know (for cars or bikes). You would have to buy the bike with the system installed from the factory.

pedwards89

Reaction score
Visit site
I Am, with the best will in the World I know If I was Braking in an emergency situation I would most probably be unable to release the brakes to prevent a lockup and steer out of trouble. ABS hopefully should take care of the brake locking allowing me some control in steering to safety.
FooFazer (crap rider):eek:

[/QUOTE]Me mate......lol. Crap but alive.

Nelly :[/QUOTE]

Like I said, mine has ABS. But I don't really need it :liar::liar::liar:

pedwards89

Reaction score
Visit site
Can I turn my non- ABS 2007 FZ6 into an ABS braking FZ6? Is there a kit?

No kit. I guess it is do-able, but it would be expensive as a post production mod. Two new wheels to start, sensors, motors, controllers, wiring harness.

Trade it in & get an ABS model. Mine cost an extra £300 ($600) out the box. New wheels alone would cost more than that.

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Heh...ok, I'll agree there. But seriously 100mph, power + ice don't go together...abs or not :spank:

LMAO....yup.....what can I say:spank:......only excuse is that we don't usually get ice on the roads here in SA and never:don'tknow:....scratch that...lol...almost never in low altitudes:shakehead:. It was my lucky day:rof:.

As for the car, well let's just say those sorts of speeds could easily be achieved in second gear out of five. Was in fifth gear and would never have had enough at that slow a speed to slide:eek:.....except for ice:shakehead:

I hate ice.....unless it's in my glass of course.:thumbup:
Cheers
Mike

Hollow

Happy Thankful Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here is a vid that shows what happens with two bikes one having abs and one not. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Zv3Sacl7JQ"]YouTube - ABS vs. No ABS[/ame]

Zack

Reaction score
Visit site
I think that every vehicle, specially motorcycle should have ABS, HIDs and some other things.
Yes I am crappie rider and would welcome help of technology to stop in panic situation.

cv_rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Can I turn my non- ABS 2007 FZ6 into an ABS braking FZ6? Is there a kit?

Here's something:

Traction Control Braking- TCB Brake Systems TM- Traction Control Brakes System

I can't quite figure out what it does. It seems to put a little "give" in your brake line that somehow causes your caliper to sort of float over the irregularities on the rotor when you squeeze hard instead of gripping to the point of locking. Sounds weird and not really a behavior that sounds desirable, but there are some testimonials about it that say it works. It seems you install it at the handlebar brake lever. Costs $70.

I was doing a quick look to see what bike models similar to FZ6 DO have ABS.
* Seems EU model of FZ6 does. Does anyone know if any models sold in the US offer it?
* Someone on this thread said V-Strom does. I looked at the DL650 spec, and it doesn't claim this.
* SV650 has the option for +$600.