I am old and experienced so let me give you some words of wisdom

There is no such thing in this world as "Free" money

So how about BOOKS you dirty student.

Steve

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think the word \"LOAN\" suggests it might not be free.

Some of the students are not so bright these days.

Steve

In Australia, you dont have to pay back student loans till you actually use your Uni Qualifications formally, ie: when you get a job in your chosen field...hence i became a DJ instead, get paid 3 times as much as i would as a teacher, and never had to pay back my "loan".....just lots & lots of tax!

:eek:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Your not going to tell me your a qualified teacher are you :eek:

Yep, i have an arts degree majoring in English Literature, with a Diploma of education tacked on the end, as well as a Degree in Business, majoring in Marketing.

Hard to believe i know, but it's true!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
All of a sudden I feel really stoopid,lol

Dont, cause you dont need to be a rocket scientist to get through Uni..i proved that, spent 90% of my time in the tavern drinking COOPERS Ale (yes that was before Pale Ale existed), and playing darts!

Most useful skill i got from Uni, was the ability to peg out just about anything on a dart board!

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I left school at the end of year 10,I hated it !

Everything I know now I basically taught myself.Thats one thing I will say about myself,I will give anything a go...............but always read the instructions first ,lol

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Given the limited options you provided i would go with the PS3 game. although something for the bike is always an option!

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, i have an arts degree majoring in English Literature, with a Diploma of education tacked on the end, as well as a Degree in Business, majoring in Marketing.

Hard to believe i know, but it's true!

you realise that from now on we'll pick up on your typo's ;)

eg:
Sounds like you were very [SIZE=\"4\"]fortuneate[/SIZE]. Go buy a lottery ticket!

Glad your ok, i bet your heart was racing for a while.

:justkidding: sorry I just couldn't resist it wolfman ;)
I think your degree in business helped you in choosing another line of work, and so not having to pay your loan back :thumbup:

Anyway back to the original topic , my sister worked weekends and evenings to help pay toward her costs, this meant she had a few less wild college parties but didn't spend years paying off her debts.

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

eg:

I think your degree in business helped you in choosing another line of work, and so not having to pay your loan back :thumbup:

Anyway back to the original topic , my sister worked weekends and evenings to help pay toward her costs, this meant she had a few less wild college parties but didn't spend years paying off her debts.

I can actually spell, just the World's worst one finger typist! and secondly, thanks for getting this back on topic, we Aussie's are real bad for straying off topic!

Yes, i worked 2 jobs to get through Uni, and pay my fee's, not loans, but fee's.

Now i will stop hijacking this thread.

:scared:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

eg:

I can actually spell, just the World's worst one finger typist! and secondly, thanks for getting this back on topic, we Aussie's are real bad for straying off topic!

Yes, i worked 2 jobs to get through Uni, and pay my fee's, not loans, but fee's.

Now i will try and stop hijacking this thread.

:scared:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
How about tuition, books, rent or food?

I can't really get upset as I'm not a UK tax payer. If you were a US tax payer I'd blow a gasket.

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
ummm, books. I used my loan money for school stuff and if it wasn't tuition or books, it was living expenses like rent. Use it for what it's for...because at least with the UC system, my taxes are gonna pay for that PS3 game...LOL

Tom

Reaction score
Visit site
I only do it because I don't really drink any more because I messed myself up through drinking too much at uni, and so the money that save from not drinking I can afford to put towards something to make the term a little brighter.

I'm thinking the PS3 game because it gives me something to do when I'm not working my balls off. Unlike most students it seems mechanical engineering undergraduates actually have to work and so it would give me something to do after a long day, other than a girl ;)

I don't really see it as I have to pay it back or whatever because its like 1% a year once I'm earning over a certain amount which is pretty much nothing when you think about it + i do get free money known as a maintenance grant for families that earn below a certain threshold, ie me.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I only do it because I don't really drink any more because I messed myself up through drinking too much at uni, and so the money that save from not drinking I can afford to put towards something to make the term a little brighter.

I'm thinking the PS3 game because it gives me something to do when I'm not working my balls off. Unlike most students it seems mechanical engineering undergraduates actually have to work and so it would give me something to do after a long day, other than a girl ;)

I don't really see it as I have to pay it back or whatever because its like 1% a year once I'm earning over a certain amount which is pretty much nothing when you think about it + i do get free money known as a maintenance grant for families that earn below a certain threshold, ie me.

Well I voted shoe, but I guess if you are getting a PS3 you could buy MotoGP 09 and working on your thumb skills.

Only 1%??? I need to move to the UK and work on my PhD (Piled Higher and Deeper).

I was very lucky and got a construction job during the summers that paid $10.00 and hour, under the table in '84. I was flush and luckily didn't need any loans. Tuition was also $650 a semester back then, and at that rate there were protests as Colorado State was one of the most expensive state schools in the US. Thank Goodness for my great job, race bikes AND go to school. Oh to be young again....girls, beer and bikes...

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
I was very lucky and got a construction job during the summers that paid $10.00 and hour, under the table in '84

Holy hell man, I didn't make you that old!:D I was born exactly 10 years later.:eek: