Street Triple

aziebell

Reaction score
Visit site
So, my FZ6 is a fantastic bike, but I can't seem to stay away from browsing the Triumph website and forums. The Street Triple is very appealing to me, and I really think I have to own one :) Then I found a picture of this one, and it makes me want one even more! This is one great looking bike. I think it will definitely be my next bike. Have not had an opportunity to ride it yet, but I get the feeling I am going to like it. I think I may have to ring up the local Triumph dealer and see if they have a demo.

Sparkybean

Reaction score
Visit site
I have had the fortune of taking a Street triple R out for a test ride. It is by far the best bike I have ever ridden. It is extremely light, turns faster than anything and the engine is the star performer. It feels like the fz6 engine when the power kicks in at 8k revs but the triple engine delivers that power instantly like a v-twin engine does only it revs high like a 4 cylinder. And the sound from the arrow exhausts you can get from triumph as an extra is amazing. I urge anyone out there to try one if you get the chance, just turn up at a triumph dealer posing as a buyer (that's what I did). Only problem is you will want one. I just did not have the budget to buy one at the time as second hand ones were still expensive.

Here is the sound from Leos on a Street triple:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwLtQH29gZg&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]YouTube - Street Triple 675 with Leo's Fly By[/ame]

Last edited:

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site
I too frequent the Triumph website and often lust after a Street Triple, and sometimes even a Daytona 675. If only my local Triumph dealer allowed test rides:(

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So, my FZ6 is a fantastic bike, but I can't seem to stay away from browsing the Triumph website and forums. The Street Triple is very appealing to me, and I really think I have to own one :) Then I found a picture of this one, and it makes me want one even more! This is one great looking bike. I think it will definitely be my next bike. Have not had an opportunity to ride it yet, but I get the feeling I am going to like it. I think I may have to ring up the local Triumph dealer and see if they have a demo.

Funny you posted this...burning some time, I just got back from a local Triumph dealer. :) They have a 2011 Street Triple, nice shiny red! Next to it was a FZ8, oddly enough. I was there to see if they had any Speed Triples. They have a 2010 that they want to move badly to make room for a couple of 2011's they expect to get next month. They even let me start it up and rev it :eek: What a mean sounding bastard of a bike! That was a mistake, because now I'm really lusting for it. The sales guy said I could demo it if I came back with my gear, but I knew that would be bad. I would only want it even more! I don't know why I torture myself by going there.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site

Unless you actually plan to buy one, I wouldn't bother test riding one... I say this because once you've ridden it, nothing else will do! Like the others have said here, they are terrific bikes. I currently own a 2009 Street Triple R and honestly have never ridden a naked bike that can ride like this thing. The R upgrade is certainly worth the extra $800 if you can afford it. You get fully adjustable suspension, radial brakes with steel braded lines, a really cool paint job, and the upgraded Triumph seat that is way more comfortable than the stock one. The other thing most people don't know is that the R has a slightly steeper rake to the front forks, helping it turn in even faster than the stock model, more like a Daytona.

The motor is the most unbelievable part of the bike to be honest. Most of the grunt of a V-twin with all the top end of an inline-4... trully a well balanced motor.

tom5796

Fizshizzle
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Rob's right on! I have a Daytona and FZ6, and have always thought the perfect bike would be the combo of the two. And then Triumph goes and launches the STR a couple years ago. Still asking myself why I haven't converted the current bikes into one of those...

KDN

Reaction score
Visit site
Street Triple is a great looking / sounding bike, but I have a strange affinity for the Bonneville. Simple and classic. I have yet to ride....who knows, it might suck.

pic in next post

rickawd

Reaction score
Visit site
funny you should start this thread because I've been lusting over the street triple for a few months now. Trying to resist, but I think before the season is over I will have one

aziebell

Reaction score
Visit site
Lots of positive marks for the street triple! I am now even more convinced that I must have one! I am leaving for basic training in May, so it will be some time before I will even consider a purchase. Maybe after a deployment, I will need an excuse to buy myself something nice!

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Street Triple R is a lot different than a Street Triple. Harsher suspension etc.

You HAVE to take one for a ride. Prebstar has a Speed Triple. Loves that but I think he'll be selling it later in the year. It's still not his DREAM bike :)

aziebell

Reaction score
Visit site
According to the Triumph site, the local dealer has a demo Street. If this proves accurate, I really don't think I can pass it up. I gotta check this thing out.

Blake

Reaction score
Visit site
Street Triple is a great looking / sounding bike, but I have a strange affinity for the Bonneville. Simple and classic. I have yet to ride....who knows, it might suck.

pic in next post

The bonneville is actually a great bike as well. My wifes uncle and grandpa both own one, they sound great and can keep up with me on the fz when we go for rides.

nextfriday

Reaction score
Visit site
when i was looking at the street triple as my next bike, i began to get hung up on the size of the bike along with its short wheelbase and kind of wrote it off as being too small ergonimically. I'm a smidge over 6'1"and thin. I was finally able to sit on one and i'll tell you this bike fits me like a glove. Point i'm making is its a smaller bike dimensionally, but it just fits a rider better it seems, at least me. Something for a taller rider to consider who's interested in one.:thumbup:

Sparkybean

Reaction score
Visit site
when i was looking at the street triple as my next bike, i began to get hung up on the size of the bike along with its short wheelbase and kind of wrote it off as being too small ergonimically. I'm a smidge over 6'1"and thin. I was finally able to sit on one and i'll tell you this bike fits me like a glove. Point i'm making is its a smaller bike dimensionally, but it just fits a rider better it seems, at least me. Something for a taller rider to consider who's interested in one.:thumbup:

I'm 6 foot 4 and I was very comfy on it. It's smallness is what makes it such a fast turning rocketship!

Randomchaos

Flaming Hot Doughnut
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I test rode a Street Triple R back in October, as well as a Tiger. The STR is an amazing bike. I want one, but it is way out of the budget for me. Not to mention, no front fairing. Had enough of no fairing on my Buell CityX on the interstate.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

pic in next post

I am a fan of the new Bonnes, but, after sitting on one, found it one of the most uncomfortable bikes EVER.

Now, as for the original Bonnes, my dad used to own a baby blue metallic 1967 model :rockon:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Rob's right on! I have a Daytona and FZ6, and have always thought the perfect bike would be the combo of the two. And then Triumph goes and launches the STR a couple years ago. Still asking myself why I haven't converted the current bikes into one of those...

Haha, we can swap anytime you want Tom. Hope you're doing well buddy. We need to get together to watch some MotoGP soon!