Strange Question

Chaosratt

Reaction score
www.computing.zone
For those that put their feet on the passenger pegs on long rides:
Do you notice your inner thighs and-or crotch area get hot really quickly (5-10 min)? I'm going to guess its the way my knees point down when I do that funneling hot post-radiator air up at me, but I'll be damned if I can keep like for more than about 10 min before I have to switch position again, regardless of what my muscles tell me. It works wonders on those colder rides, but dammit this is Florida, it isn't like that all the time.

/Random Thought

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have an 06 and they changed the fairing in 07. I haven't had that experience on mine so you may get differing answers depending on the year.

stryken

Vertically Challenged
Reaction score
Visit site
It is 8 degrees outside right now and would give anything to be out on my bike sweating my crouch off. :BLAA:

I have ridden like that a few times and not really noticed what you are saying. It looks like it will be about three months before I will be able to find a day warm enough to see if I notice it ..... God I hate winter!!!!!!!

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
What are you wearing? Just street pants (jeans etc) or motorcycle textile pants. I find textile pants actually shield some heat much better than thin pants.ATGATT
When riding in hot weather and not in the twistys I put my feet on the outer part of the peg and knees pointed outward to let air breath through my legs.
Sounds like your legs are a bit to close to the motor.
For the record my FZ6 is way cooler than my FJR in hot weather.

Chaosratt

Reaction score
www.computing.zone
What are you wearing? Just street pants (jeans etc) or motorcycle textile pants. I find textile pants actually shield some heat much better than thin pants.ATGATT
When riding in hot weather and not in the twistys I put my feet on the outer part of the peg and knees pointed outward to let air breath through my legs.
Sounds like your legs are a bit to close to the motor.
For the record my FZ6 is way cooler than my FJR in hot weather.

Just jeans/denim for now. Looking at getting some decent riding pants or even just some armor to wear under it. (What to you call something you wear over your underwear, but under your outerwear?).

And I do tend to squeeze the tank a little with my legs, makes me feel a little more 'connected' with the bike. Perhaps the source of the problem?

@stryken I haven't ridden in ..... 3 weeks now? Was all of 45 outside today and is supposed to be colder tomorrow. Just a tad under my 'acceptable' range. Not to mention raining the last few days. Cold and wet, yuck.

fzme

Reaction score
Visit site
It is 8 degrees outside right now and would give anything to be out on my bike sweating my crouch off.

HAHAHAHAHAHA Me too. Perspective is reality. I'd don't see a problem here--I'd gladly have a hot crotch problem in exchange for a 45 degree day.

Chaos, I've never sat like that, but that sort of sounds like the problem.