strange noise

WeWonItThreeTimes

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all

Yesterday i've noticed that my engine sounds different then lately. What i can hear is a metalic-like noise from starting at 7000rpms. Also,the engine is vibrating more then usual in this revs.

Now, what has changed in my bike before i noticed it:
- i've had a bike inspected at Yamaha dealer, all good expect the chain so they adjusted that
- i've been hit by quite a massive storm on monday, an before i've managed to pull-over to the gas station, i went throug big puddle, so big that the splash managed to touch my ankles

I've checked the chain, its lubricated well, oil level v.good.

Now, could any of this be a reason of my worries? If not, what else could it be? Thanx

Last edited:
it sounds like a very similar thing to what ozzieboy had send him a pm and ask, from memory yam said it was normal, and he has made it better with oil, mine has sounded like crap fropm day one and only shuts up when you pull the clutch in, and oil has made no change.

Hi all

Yesterday i've noticed that my engine sounds different that lately. What i can hear is a metalic-like noise from up to 7rpms. Also,the engine is vibrating more then usual in this revs.

Now, what has changed in my bike before i noticed it:
- i've had a bike inspected at Yamaha dealer, all good expect the chain so they adjusted that
- i've been hit by quite a massive storm on monday, an before i've managed to pull-over to the gas station, i went throug big puddle, so big that the splash managed to touch my ankles

I've checked the chain, its lubricated well, oil level v.good.

Now, could any of this be a reason of my worries? If not, what else could it be? Thanx

are you using YAMALUBE Oil, i suggest you bin it, that stuff goes like water after 4000 km's, Ozzieboy changed to Motul 5100, and have not heard him complain about it since....

just a theory.

:thumbup:

are you using YAMALUBE Oil, i suggest you bin it, that stuff goes like water after 4000 km's, Ozzieboy changed to Motul 5100, and have not heard him complain about it since....

just a theory.

:thumbup:

Im on Castrol Power 1 Racing. You think this might be the case? I've done about 3kkm's on it

Back