stranded for hours !!!!!!

flashgordon

Reaction score
Visit site
Breakdown cover, think you wont need it? better safe than sorry.
Broke down yesterday (4pm) with a error code 33 (ignition coil wire) yet to take bike apart to check. Rang breakdown but membership had expired doh! cost £126 to join told two hours wait (i wish) had a few fellow bikers stop to help but the prolem baffled everyone, it wasn't till i got home that i found out what the error code was, after 2 hours they rang to tell me they would be there in 1 hour, luckily the i broke down in the middle of nowhere out side a house and luckily for me they were kind enough to supply me with tea and biscuits.
I waited for the hour to arrive but still no one came then after over 3 hours of waiting got a call to say a different company would be recovering me they arrived eventually at 8.45pm by this time i had almost give up, once bike was safely loaded i eventually arrived back home at 10.20pm 6hours 20minutes after my phone call.
Although i'm happy to have got home i think next time I'm out i shall take a copy of the error code list as at least i would have somethink to look for while i spend so much time waiting, plus i shall have to get more familiar with the bike not to need breakdown cover in the first place.
just out of interest has anyone else ever had this error code?

Ahhhhh i feel better now I've got that off my chest. :Flash::(

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow! Sorry it happened! Does anyone have the error code list handy to post? You can put it in a note on your phone/BB and always have it with you.

I keep in my tailbag a hex wrench set, ratchet with three popular sized sockets, tire plug kit, 12V ait compressor, flashlight, zip ties, and a quality srewdriver. No error codes though.

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
Man sounds like a fun day for you:shakehead: I haven't had the bike strand me yet, but I had to wait three hours when the fuel pump on my car went out once. As a tip for people on this side of the pond, if you are a member of the American Motorcyclist Association you can get free roadside assistance.

NJ GUS

Reaction score
Visit site
I feel for you. I had a flat repair let go on Rt 695 around Washington DC last year. 4 hours for AAA to show up. Then a 125 mile tow home. We were stuck on the center median the whole time locked down by 8 lanes of traffic. It was not my idea of fun. Fortunately the Harley dealer picked up the bike the next day and made good on everything at no charge. The tire only had 2000 miles on it. I had an air compressor and flat repair kit but the bubble on the sidewall made it unsafe to drive.