Stoner showing how it's done....

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I found this by accident but had to post it...amazing!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDhp11mKYyk]Casey Stoner "elbow-sliding" Super Slow Motion - YouTube[/ame]

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Meanwhile.. he's hitting the apex perfectly and the rear tire is stepping out on exit... *sigh* .. wish I did my first track day at 7.. not at 39.

major tom

Reaction score
Visit site
I've seen him every time he's been to the US. At Luguna Seca going into turn 5 at the overpass/bridge all the other Ducati's were going ooommhhh, ooommmhhh with the slipper clutch releasing, hard on the brakes. Stoner just railed! He had to make it up as he went along as the bike was snaking and weaving all over the place like an evil thing. It seemed like he was never on the brakes and most amazing, exiting, he was never on the gas! Just railed!

Solarservant

Thrill-Seeker
Reaction score
Visit site
Meanwhile.. he's hitting the apex perfectly and the rear tire is stepping out on exit... *sigh* .. wish I did my first track day at 7.. not at 39.

Signed up for my first track day yesterday, and I'm *ahem* 39 as well. The real benefit is I feel like I'm 18 again! Super excited!

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site

Even if we had started at age 7, we who are over 30 are well over the hill! Stoner rode like that in his 20's. Heck when I was in my 20's I could do a lot more physical things better than I can today at 35. I didn't start riding till 25 but I'm sure if I had started at 15 I would have been a better rider at 25 than I am today as far as pure physical ability. :(

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Even if we had started at age 7, we who are over 30 are well over the hill! Stoner rode like that in his 20's. Heck when I was in my 20's I could do a lot more physical things better than I can today at 35. I didn't start riding till 25 but I'm sure if I had started at 15 I would have been a better rider at 25 than I am today as far as pure physical ability. :(

This is true. While my skills *grew*, my *cajones* shrank (not literally!!)

I am a better bicycle / snowboard / motorcycle rider than I was 10 years ago, but I take far fewer risks. Not necessarily a terrible thing, but when I watch videos of athletes at their peak, I miss the days of feeling like I could do anything.

kenh

Ride Like Your Invisible!
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

This maybe true, however physicality is the minor component to doing most things well. What you and the rest of us missed was the opportunity to gain the Experience. Few people are gifted to be able to perform at a high level out of the gate. They are Naturals in whatever endeavor they elect to pursue. The only way to compete for the majority of people in whatever the sport is practice and experience. Looking back after 10 years of riding you must admit that your perception while riding has ripened and will continue to do so. IMO :thumbup: