Stock Seat getws really hot

skyjake

Reaction score
Visit site
I have an 07 with a stock seat. After about 10 minutes of riding or so, my seat gets really hot. It feels like I have a seat warmer. Although this is great in the winter, it's not in or around the summer months. I'm assuming the heat is coming from my exhaust. The reason why I'm asking this question is that my friend has and 05 and said he has never experiencing the problem.

Thanks for your help.l

DaveOTZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Might be a personal exhaust issue...
While the engine exhaust is under the seat the personal exhaust rests on the seat... this can be alleviated by coming to a half stand on your pegs as you release the pressure from the personal exhaust...
:D

crabby117

Reaction score
Visit site
Do you have anything under your seat like the tool kit, tire patch kit, owner's manual, or such stuff? Maybe if there's nothing there, there's less insullation? No seat heat problems on an '08.

ROACH1111

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, I've definitely experienced the hot seat scenario. I always just stand up for a couple of seconds and it seems to cool down quite quickly. I usually do have to do this a couple of times though.

S

Skeeter190

We noticed minor seat heat issues on our 07. The back of the passenger seat gets it worse, but the bike isn't really made to be two-up very often, so it's not a substantial issue to us. No bike is 100% perfect in all ways, but the FZ6 is an excellent blend of style & function.

In other words, the undertail is great in that you don't burn your leg on the can, the minor seat warming that we get is just the trade off.

If yours is "really" hot, perhaps the heat shield is missing.

scoobydrvr

Reaction score
Visit site
Talked to someone else that has this problem. You could consider getting some exhaust wrap from an auto parts store and spend an afternoon getting freindly with the undertail...

B

bluenova

I have an '07. I've never noticed a heat issue while riding, but if it's been raining then there is normally steam coming off the seat after I get off, which gives some odd looks sometimes.

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
i finally had a chance to get out and do some riding yesterday. i rode for about 2 hours/110 miles. when i got home i took my seat off to get some paperwork that was being stored. i realized that the seat was pretty hot. but i didn't really notice the heat while i was riding. i would imagine that a passenger would though. it was much hotter in the back than the front.

Mississippi

Reaction score
Visit site
I have noticed mine is heating up. Now that it is getting in the 80's around here, it gets warm while sitting in traffic and commuting home. I was thinking about the exhaust wrap, but I am not sure the amount of heat that I am experiencing is worth the effort to wrap the exhaust. We will see as it gets hotter around here.

skyjake

Reaction score
Visit site
I noticed it again today. If my asssssss*&^( was an egg, it would be fried. lol I'm going to look into wrapping the exhaust. Might even call my local Service Department and see what they have to say. I've been thinking about getting the gel seat anyway but that might not cure my problem.

Thanks for the input yall....:)