Stock rear suspension height Adjust

amolwankhede

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All

How do you adjust the rear end stock shock so that it is more smooth and SAG is more. I am ok with increase in height of the ride

I am also planning to ride 2up so asking.

thanks in advance

Jake

Reaction score
Visit site
Read your manual. The rear shock is just a spring. You can adjust it to settings 1-7. "1" is softest, "7" is stiffest. The default setting for a US model year 2005 is "3". Your FZ6 toolbag has a rear spring wrench that can be used to change the settings. Remove your seat, put the wrench on the spring and turn in desired direction to adjust the tension.

Tension is a combination of personal preference and the type of riding you do. 2-up riding will most likely require a setting of 5 or more. According to Yamaha, the max load on the FZ6 (2005) is about 400 lbs.

I weigh 200 lbs and ride aggressively... setting "7" is perfect for me. Number 3 caused my bike to be unstable in twisties. It would jump up and down because the setting was too soft. I changed to #7 and it hugs the road much better. Take some time to experiment with your settings. It's so easy to adjust you can actually test different settings during the course of your riding day.

Jake

coursonap

Reaction score
profile.myspace.com
I have found on my 2008 raven black fz6 that the easiest way to adjust it is to take the side panel off of the left side, It is much easier to get the wrench on it and adjust the rear shock, i weigh about 220 and i have mine set on 5 it made the bike alot more responsive and better handling even with 2 up riding, But everybody has different prefferences, I don't recommend going softer with 2 up riding. All the adjustment does is adjust your preload. You might want to try a higher setting the bike is alot easier to handle.:rockon: