Stock Exhaust Mod???

FUseaKU

Rebellion Is Imminent
Reaction score
www.myspace.com
Hi there guys and gals... I'm new to this forum and have had my FZ6 for about 4 months now and it's a great bike!

I tried searching for a thread that was already started that might tell me if or how to do a mod to the stock exhaust... I found a couple, but they really didn't help me out much.

I am wondering if anyone knows exactly what I need to do to make my stock exhaust sound better/louder. Pics and a good description on how to do it would be greatly appreciated... or a link to a write up on the stock exhaust mod would be cool too.

Thanks in advance!

FUseaKU

Rebellion Is Imminent
Reaction score
www.myspace.com
There is heaps on here ive posted pictures.

Do you think you could point me in the right direction then? I think I may have seen your pics also.

I just looked into my exhaust holes and it goes way back before I see anything that I guess I would be drilling through... would need a really long drill bit I'm assuming.

Just asking for some help here... this is my first bike and I don't know a whole lot about modding them.

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The mod isnt the be all and end all, it d eintely make it better but not fantastic. It helps it breath and does change the note, yes you need areally long drill bit,or several, cause i went 2 holes then 3 then 4 then bigger holes and at ever change was able to listen, before i went too far.

FUseaKU

Rebellion Is Imminent
Reaction score
www.myspace.com
Well, I just finished drilling the 3 holes and I gotta say, I can't really tell a difference... at least I don't think I can.

I guess I'm just going to have do buy an after market exhaust someday when I actually have some money.

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Get a 3/4 inch bit or measure the thickness of the tail end after that don't forget it has to be long enough to hit the back and drill away. You want the hole to be big as possible. After you drill use a flashlight to look inside and see the size of the hole.

FUseaKU

Rebellion Is Imminent
Reaction score
www.myspace.com
Get a 3/4 inch bit or measure the thickness of the tail end after that don't forget it has to be long enough to hit the back and drill away. You want the hole to be big as possible. After you drill use a flashlight to look inside and see the size of the hole.

Well I bought a 12" extender for the drill and just drilled till I got through that metal piece there in the back... Is that it or was I supposed to go further with it? I have no clue. I'm also pretty sure I used smaller than a 3/4 bit.

So what you're telling me is to just drill 1 big hole in the middle?

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Take a flashlight and look inside to see what you have done. If it's 3 little holes that's OK, BUT like i said before get the biggest drill bit just enough to get in there. When it's all said and done you will hear and feel a difference.

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes it is just the first plate you need to go through, your call how big you go, as i said i did small and worked up because i was scared of going too big straight up.

urbanj

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a spare muffler i ripped open and gutted. This is a quick mock up that I will be doing. The perforated pipes in the can will be wrapped with a muffler repacking material. then if i can source it, the rest of the empty area will be stuffed with coarse stainless wool. The pipes will be the same size as the stock pipe entering the muffler.

I figure id rather spend the cash on the R6 forks and ohlins shock than $700 on some pipes.