Sticker Removal ?

GR8 GT

Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone have any good tips to help remove stickers and decals easily?
I just spent about 1 hour just to remove 3 small ones and my finger nail is really sore.

Last edited:
Thanks Guys for the great tips. I tried carb cleaner, it turns the sticker to mush in seconds and you can almost wipe it right off with a cloth, however I am reluctant to spray that stuff on the painted surfaces.

i just finished taking off my stickers(4) and FZ6 tail decals(2)...my only question is the tank sticker?? after removing it there is still a rectangular egde that i can't get off. Anyone tried to smooth that off and what did you use?

PS sorry for hijacking but it might help if you run into this as well.

what did you use to remove the stickers? id prob run down to the local auto parts store and use a aerosol can of adhesive remover

I just used the hair dryer and WD40, everything worked fine but its almost like the the sticker was put on and then it was painted. I tried to scratch it with my nail and it didn't seem to chip or even feel tacky like the glue was.

I used GooGone gel. Really helped with taking the residue off, I had that rectangle too, but the gel seemed to work.

I used GooGone gel. Really helped with taking the residue off, I had that rectangle too, but the gel seemed to work.

Definitely! First used hair dryer, thumb nail(yes, now sore) and mineral spirits. This left behind a dull smear and I thought I ruined my paint but then used Goo Gone gel and got a fantastic result in a few minutes.

Back