Stick with FZ6 or go full liter

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Also I couldn't deal with that monstrosity of a can on the side so immediately that's big money mods to replace that.

Yeah, I didn't care for the cannon hanging off the side of mine when I got it. The good news: way more choices for FZ1 when it comes to just about any aftermarket part! I got a carbon Delkevic can for it.. $200 shipped brand new, so not a lot of money there :D

... not to say that you *should* get an FZ1.. I'm just saying :)

pookamatic

Reaction score
Visit site
I think the 6 is perfect. Do I want more power? Who doesn't? But for the reasons stated already, I'll be sticking with the simply, rock-solid, economical, sexy beast I currently have in my garage.

Even though I'm new to bike ownership, I believe my feelings won't change anytime soon.

phranK2k11

Chat Camper :)
Reaction score
Visit site
just wondering what part of the bike you were looking at ;)

The front has similar styling as the FZ6, so it's kinda like "been there done that". What got my attention was the stylized swingarm, thin cross section thickness of the tail, the way the passenger peg mounts (when viewed from the rear, can be seen at 0:54 kinda) seem to pour from the tail vs. the 6's mounts that seem to have been just stabbed on there.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujtECXHHoJg&feature=related]2012 Yamaha FZ1 at 2012 Toronto Auto Show - Canadian International AutoShow CIA - YouTube[/ame]

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
I've bounced around with this issue for a few decades, now. One of those statements that rings more and more true for me is that it is far more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow. Knowing you were the one to work that thing into a lather instead of having it yawn at you is a special kind of reward.

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
I've bounced around with this issue for a few decades, now. One of those statements that rings more and more true for me is that it is far more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow. Knowing you were the one to work that thing into a lather instead of having it yawn at you is a special kind of reward.

I've had street bikes as big as 1100cc, and ridden more than a few that would scare the bejeezuz out of me. So far, the advantages of light weight, very good power, good handling, cheap insurance, and at least a few seconds to think about how stupid I'm going to get is going to work out with officer friendly has seen me keep my license.

As I am only out to impress myself, I am content. Now that I have a ZX6R with fully adjustable suspension.