"Starting problem"

Reaction score
Visit site
I have an 07 with 1400 miles on it. I just put about 250 miles on her this weekend, cruising around multiple places in San Diego. It was a beautiful weekend. I filled up the tank on my way home Sunday.
Today I commuted to work w/o any issue, only about 4 miles. It was cool in the morning, high 50's F.
About 9am a co-worker and I decided to break out and take a ride to the beach to grab a little food...bike ran excellent on the freeway.
After lunch (about 30 minutes), I get on the bike and goto start. The bike cranks but doesn't turn over....? It's now about 75 degree F .
Then it cranks and fires, but immediatly stalls. It repeated that once more. Then it fires (barely), and is running rough until I twist the throotle slightly and it idles out fine? I let it idle for a few minutes, it was rough out of 1st but smoothed out and seemed fine. When I got back to work....I let it cool for 20 minutes , then refired and the same process occurred. 4 hours later, I'm leaving, bike fired right up and drove fine home? I've fired it twice since being home and no issues?
Any ideas what's up with my ride?:( (sorry so long!)

If i didn't know any better, with my "working on cars, not bikes" knowledge, I'd say my plugs are fouling, but how can that be on a "new" bike? The dealership said to bring it in, it might just be "vapor lock" or poor gas? What?

Last edited:

Reaction score
Visit site