Standard or short levers?

Chris

GO!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
Yo folks!

Sooo I've been thinking about Pazzo levers, and before I order anything I would like some input from those of you who have some experience with them.. What's the deal with shorty levers? What would you recommend, shorty or standard size, and why?

Cheers:D

ready2goriding

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm considering the shorties because I think they would be good for my giant-sized hands. I always use only one or two fingers on the levers anyway. Would be good to hear from someone who actually owns them... Great question!

Zebratounge

Reaction score
Visit site
I went with the short levers. you can use two fingers on the lever and keep two on the grip.

100_1615.jpg
100_1616.jpg

davidsa1

Naked is more fun.
Reaction score
Visit site
I too went with the shorties and would recommend the them to anyone. The quality of them gives you a good feel and response.

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I,m looking at changing my levers in the new year and was leaning towards the long,simply because I like to have four fingers on the brake just in case.My instructor back in the early 80's was very strict on four finger braking and I guess it stuck .

Chris

GO!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm also used to using all four fingers when braking or clutching, but the shorties have gotten so much appraise it got me thinking.. Still not convinced though.. =P

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
I went with the best of both worlds. Shortie for the Clutch and regular (long) on the Brake. I too want he added security that if i ahve to grab a handful that the lever will be there to grab. Not a huge deal overall, more individual preference and personal piece of mind than anything.

DSCF3180.JPG

DSCF3179.JPG

I went with Gold adjusters as I wanted something a little different and that would stand out a little bit, but still work with the bike. I plan on adding more gold 'accents' in the near futuer with black Rizzoma grips coupled with gold Rizzoma bar ends.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the shorty Pazzo's.....difference i like night & day, compared to "sloppy" OEM levers.....great adjustability, lots more feel, and if your worried about not having enough feel, or strength at the lever, only using a couple of fingers, instead of four....dont be, even with 2 fingers, if you adjust the Brake lever accordingly, you will have even more feel with 2 fingers on a Pazzo lever, than you would with 4 fingers on OEM levers....

Do it, you will not be dissapointed.

:thumbup:

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
I initially installed the shortie Pazzo's, but after a couple of rides, replaced them with the long Pazzo's. The shorties look very, very cool....but I'm afraid that I found that the short clutch lever made my wrist ache after about an hour of riding. I had no issues whatsoever with the short brake lever, but being a Libra, I just couldn't stand the "unbalanced" look of the short brake and long clutch. :D
As Boneman said, it's very much a personal choice.
Whichever you choose, you won't be dissappointed. Pazzo's are so superior to the OEM levers in looks, quality and perfomance, there's just no comparison.

Chris

GO!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks everyone. The consensus seems to be that shorties is the way to go. Just wish I could somehow try them out though.. =P

Mississippi

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the shorties, and I have not had a braking issue. In fact, the new levers feel a lot more solid than the stock. I got them, because I liked the way the shorties looked, and their function is worth every penny.:thumbup:

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks everyone. The consensus seems to be that shorties is the way to go. Just wish I could somehow try them out though.. =P

Seeing that you're from Earth...I'd say you can easily find another member around you to show them off...:spank:

Seriously though, as much as I like the shorties I'd definitely go with the long ones because I use all 4 fingers on the clutch side.

F

FZSex

Just use 2 fingers for a week (which is normal for me but I dont have shorties). If its no biggie, order em :thumbup:

Chris

GO!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
Just use 2 fingers for a week (which is normal for me but I dont have shorties). If its no biggie, order em :thumbup:

Yeah, I thought of that too but the bike is stored away for the winter...:rolleyes: Maybe I should just wait till spring..

Chris

GO!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
Seeing that you're from Earth...I'd say you can easily find another member around you to show them off...:spank:

Seriously though, as much as I like the shorties I'd definitely go with the long ones because I use all 4 fingers on the clutch side.

Haha=D Sorry about that but I thought it was kinda funny =P
I live in Norway, and I don't think there are any members from here who has them..