Stainless Scorpions: Installed

Howattzer

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

Finally got a chance to take a picture of the stainless scorpions installed. Also did the PC III and K&N filter. Big difference in mid range power as well as top end. Have a look!

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
So what exactly does the PC III do? (PC is short for PowerCommander right?)

(yes PCIII means Power Commander III)

The PC basically goes inline into your bike's fuel injection systems and 're-maps' the fuel injectors. PC's are only needed (and not always) when you perfom aftermarket modifications such as exhaust, airbox mods, K&N filters and removing the CAT pipe. Your stock bike can run without one after these mods, but it will not be getting it's full potential or power. PC's are best installed along with a dyno run in order to fine tune the new custom fuel mapping. It plugs into your bike and basically takes over and overides the fuel mapping. If you unplug the PC, your bike returns to factory/stock mapping. You can then downlaod custom 'maps', each made for a brand of bike and particular brand of exhaust. Other maps can be quite specific and may inculde other modification done to a bike. Users can also upload thier custom made maps so others may use them.

From Welcome to Power Commander III USB Motorcycle Fuel Injection Tuning Module
The Dynojet Power Commander plugs inline with your bike’s stock fuel injection system. It uses OEM (original equipment manufacturer) style connectors making installation easy and quick. The PCIIIusb allows a full range of fuel adjustment, as much as +/- 100% over stock. Adjustments can be made either with a Windows based computer or by using the face plate mounted button adjusters. No permanent changes are made to the bike’s system. Once the unit is removed the bike reverts to its stock settings.

Last edited:

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Hi,

Finally got a chance to take a picture of the stainless scorpions installed. Also did the PC III and K&N filter. Big difference in mid range power as well as top end. Have a look!

Looking sharp Howattzer!! How did you find installing the PC III? Difficult? I've seen a "How To" write up on this forum. Did you use it? LAstly, where did you purchase your PC III from?

Howattzer

Reaction score
Visit site
Looking sharp Howattzer!! How did you find installing the PC III? Difficult? I've seen a "How To" write up on this forum. Did you use it? LAstly, where did you purchase your PC III from?

I purchased all of the parts from this website. Parts were brand new, in the box.

Avalon786

Reaction score
Visit site
Does someone know how wide the Scorpions are? Because i have a Givi TopCase on my bike but would love to get the new exhaust but i dont know if they'd fit around the bolted brackets that holds the Case? they go around the stock exhaust.
Thx

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
NICE! My PC3 is going on tomorrow morning for the ride into work!