SS brake lines...

MG-242

Reaction score
Visit site
no, you'll be fine. probably safer in fact, as you'll have better feel on the lever.
Ditto this! I added SS lines (Speigler) and it was the single best improvement so far (front only - only reason to do it on the rear is to look cool). The "feel"\feedback is very noticeable. And, it's fairly inexpensive (~$75usd).

phantagarow

Reaction score
Visit site
Where did you get them for $75?

Ditto this! I added SS lines (Speigler) and it was the single best improvement so far (front only - only reason to do it on the rear is to look cool). The "feel"\feedback is very noticeable. And, it's fairly inexpensive (~$75usd).

Bates121

B l a c k L e a d e r
Reaction score
Visit site
Probably the best Mod for under $100. The breaks become very responsive and not soft/squishy anymore. I highly recommend these. As far as your concern about locking them up I have yet to do this and I will practice emergency stops on my street going from anywhere from 15-25mph and using about 80-100% pressure on the brakes to come to an immediate stop. I have had to grab a fistful of brake on the freeway before when an a@@hat cuts you off and slams their brakes. But that is getting on them looking for my exit and getting off them very quickly (this takes maybe 1-2 seconds tops) and I have never had to use full pressure on the brakes for that maneuver.

Last edited:

sgtjp068

Go ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
I have to agree, SS lines are a wonderful thing. They look great and give you so much feel versus the stockers. You'll love them.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i did a track day on Monday and decided that i NEED them. the front brakes are spongy and lack the response that some of the other bikes had that had SS brake lines.

MG-242

Reaction score
Visit site
i did a track day on Monday and decided that i NEED them. the front brakes are spongy and lack the response that some of the other bikes had that had SS brake lines.

so as a general consensus, the rear brake doesn't really need SS lines right?

Cool - multi quotes work!!!

Yep, if you're doing a track day, you do NEED the SS lines for the exact reasons you've noted. Get 'em and enjoy!!!

The only time to use the rear brake is pulling into the garage :). But, they do look cool on the rear!!