Sprockets and chain change

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
I agree with your choice of staying with the 530 chain and steel sprockets. The weight savings are truly insignificant (under 2 lb.) vs. the extended life of the stock setup.

I bought an R-K 530XSOZ1 chain, rivet link and front/rear sprockets for ~$162 back in October 08. So, your pricing is right about there.

Pull the trigger!

staticghost

FZ6 Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree with your choice of staying with the 530 chain and steel sprockets. The weight savings are truly insignificant (under 2 lb.) vs. the extended life of the stock setup.

I bought an R-K 530XSOZ1 chain, rivet link and front/rear sprockets for ~$162 back in October 08. So, your pricing is right about there.

Pull the trigger!

Oh Nice. Do you know if D.I.D. is better than RK chains?
Would you happen to have the link to the site you bought yours from. Sales person told me that it should be 118 link/lenght chain. I will be having this professionaly installed, because this is one thing I do not want to play around with so I want to make sure I get the exact parts for my mod. Am also going to be buying new tires (Pirelli Diablo Strada) so I want to do this mod at the same time to save on labor costs u know.

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Oh Nice. Do you know if D.I.D. is better than RK chains?
Would you happen to have the link to the site you bought yours from. Sales person told me that it should be 118 link/lenght chain. I will be having this professionaly installed, because this is one thing I do not want to play around with so I want to make sure I get the exact parts for my mod. Am also going to be buying new tires (Pirelli Diablo Strada) so I want to do this mod at the same time to save on labor costs u know.

1- R-K, DID, Regina, Tsubaki, EK are all quality brands, it's really all about pricing at this point.

2- I bought from a local distributor here in SoCal: www.apexmoto.com They might be able to get it to you shipped for close to the $185 you got from Sprocket center.

3- 118 links is correct