Speed vs. HD Theatre

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What a great weekend for watching motorcycle racing on TV. Four hours of AMA Pro in NASCAR Vision, and then an hour of stunning coverage of the 2009 Isle of Man on HD Theatre. To compare and contrast the two is a joke. Speed sucked. One, it was on so late last night, and then on too early today. There were commercials, the same freaking ones over and over, every 4 to 5 minutes! No on bike camera and Scott Russell sucks as an announcer. Oh my god he was terrible.

My two favorite racers rocked, Larry Pegram swept (Let's hear it for old school, crossed up riding!) in Superbike and Danny Eslick takes a first and third in Sportbike to tie for the points lead with Cardenes.

Now HD Theater's coverage of the Isle of Man Superbike was beautiful. They with the government of the Isle of Man produced perhaps the most stunning motorcycle footage I've ever seen. One, no commercials! Two, they used the best quality Hi Def cameras, ala Super Bowl quality. Three, tons of on-bike cameras. Four, super slow motion cameras.

The race will be covered over several more episodes to cover other classes.

All I can say is WOW! and Speed you have a lot to learn.

Check it out if you can. Stunning.

Last edited:

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
What a great weekend for watching motorcycle racing on TV. Four hours of AMA Pro in NASCAR Vision, and then an hour of stunning coverage of the 2009 Isle of Man on HD Theatre. To compare and contrast the two is a joke. Speed sucked. One, it was on so late last night, and then on too early today. There were commercials, the same freaking ones over and over, every 4 to 5 minutes! No on bike camera and Scott Russell sucks as an announcer. Oh my god he was terrible.

My two favorite racers rocked, Larry Pegram swept (Let's hear it for old school, crossed up riding!) in Superbike and Danny Eslick takes a first and third in Sportbike to tie for the points lead with Cardenes.

Now HD Theater's coverage of the Isle of Man Superbike was beautiful. They with the government of the Isle of Man produced perhaps the most stunning motorcycle footage I've ever seen. One, no commercials! Two, they used the best quality Hi Def cameras, ala Super Bowl quality. Three, tons of on-bike cameras. Four, super slow motion cameras.

The race will be covered over several more episodes to cover other classes.

All I can say is WOW! and Speed you have a lot to learn.

Check it out if you can. Stunning.

Couldn't agree with you more Pete... HD Theater was really well put together for the Isle of Man.

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Agreed, HD Theartre Rocks' :rockon:

I loved Rossi's description of the course and the new R1...

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Watched some of it yesterday afternoon. Those guys are flippin nuts! The on board stuff, while the quality wasnt the greatest, was amazing to watch. Very good arial coverage and still shots, too!

-bryan

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Watched some of it yesterday afternoon. Those guys are flippin nuts! The on board stuff, while the quality wasnt the greatest, was amazing to watch. Very good arial coverage and still shots, too!

-bryan

Yeah the on board was pretty good not great picture quality, but the signal didn't break up. Granted they could have edited it out.

It never gets old watching the dashed white line turn to a white fuzz.

I also liked Rossi's incognito look. I thought he had a John Deer hat on.

Tonight are the Supersport Jumior TTs. 9:00pm Eastern.

Another pretty good show is "Twist the Throttle", Ducati is the focus tonight. :thumbup: