Somethin Black

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh ya reset the battery. A TB sync couldn't hurt. Cool beans! Bike looks great!

The extra Fiberglass packing I believe is for one piping you'll need rivets when repacking. Be sure to request the "updated rivets" Two Brothers utilizes when or if you repack mufflers. I mean rivets are rivets, but if Two Brothers are claiming they use different ones than what they include in the repack kit. Perhaps you should request them. They did engineer the exhaust... Just sayin. Shouldn't have the need to do for awhile. Its totally doable with the DBs. But if you get a chance take that puppy out this summer and remove the DB killers. You'll know what I mean when you have a big ass smile on your face:thumbup:

I always wondered what it would be like to change to a better cooling fan with this bike compiled with exhaust and bypass computer.

I'll keep your ceramic coated pipes along for the ride!!!
I wanted to know if it changed its breathing - thus I intentionally left the battery connected.

I have a vision that goes like this:
1) make a hanger that bolts off the 4 bolt flange and ditch the Rubber Band Wrap it has now. Concern is long term vibes could crack the can some where.
attachment.php

2) open the can and attach a bracket to hang it. Something like this. Again, ditch the rubber band wrap, but use some form of rubber isolation so the pipes can move a bit.
attachment.php

3) Rivet or bolt the cans together and fasten that too the chassis. Again, these need some rubber isolation.

Goal, make it look like it was meant for this bike!! Also, do something for the plates and lights. As the OEM triangle brace under the OEM muffler no longer braces the Tail Tidy. The cans are in the way.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Somethin Black 2013-09-03

VERY HAPPY with the bike! :D

2013-09-03
Powder coat is holding up great! Boots haven't worn into the rear sets at all! :thumbup:
New exhaust is awesome! :thumbup:
The bike handles great. Like its on rails most of the time and VERY predictable! Did I say it handles great?!! :thumbup:
It's so smooth - no vibes! Ever since the spark plug cap discovery, its been a dream! :thumbup:
New windscreen; perfect! Less turbulence and most of all, NO BUGS SWEPT INTO THE HELMET! :thumbup:

Winter projects:
Rewire tail, add a better plate light.
Change fork oil. Its been two seasons on the R6 forks.
Loose some metal from the tail tidy and add back the OEM brace lost with TB install.
Either Bazzaz FC or Megasquirt Kit (MegaSquirt - Electronic Fuel Injection Computer). I want control over the ignition advance and there is no clear path. ECU unleash doesn't allow user changes as its a one time deal and what I want is an ignition advance map that I can tweak but I haven't found a work around for detecting detonation. Last resort is to to simply statically advance the timing which forces the use of Premium fuel. Quick and dirty, good for a few ponies perhaps.

Last edited: