Someone offered me $3500

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok so one somebody at work offered me 3500 for motorcycle and wasn't sure what to think. Should I or Should I not? I only think about it for 2 reasons: 1 my bike is an 04 and 26xxx miles on it. To me sounds like a good deal. 2, I ride with my fiancé a lot so maybe a bigger bike is needed? I don't know for sure but it just makes me wonder.

Pauly_V

Reaction score
Visit site
I paid $2400 for my 2004, with 32,000 miles. It's almost completely stock with only LSL sliders and Goodridge kevlar lines up front. However, I've seen the same year FZ going on CL.org for $3500 with some frequency.

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site
$3,500 for your 2004 FZ6 with 26k miles doesn't sound like a bad deal at all for you. It's especially good if you're already considering getting a different bike and can unload your current ride.

Last edited:

SeekGod1st

Reaction score
Visit site
$3,500 for your 2004 FZ6 with 24,xxx miles doesn't sound like a bad deal at all for you. It's especially good if you're already considering getting a different bike and can unload your current ride.
I agree, if your looking at another ride unloading your's with $24,000 miles isn't such a bad idea.

I've seen many members sell there FZ6s for that price loaded. If you can't find anything you always could buy another FZ6 here from someone on the forum.

JustinID

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
Visit site
I paid $3100 for my '05 with under 10k miles. If I had that many miles on the bike and got offered $3500, I wouldn't even think twice.

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
I you spend the majority of the time two up,then I'd take it.the more miles you rack up,the more its going to depreciate and $3500 is a good price.

How much do you enjoy the fizzer though Geoff? if it still ticks the boxes,then keep hold.there are ones out there with 3 times the mileage yours has and are still going strong ;)

robaho

Reaction score
Visit site
I paid $3100 for my '05 with under 10k miles. If I had that many miles on the bike and got offered $3500, I wouldn't even think twice.

I agree with Justin - that is a good price considering how many miles you have on the bike. If it were me, I would sell it and buy a newer bike. I paid $5,000 for my '06 last year, but it only had 3,xxx miles on it at the time (basically a new bike).
Based on what I have read in this forum, you should get many more miles on your FZ6 before any major repairs need to be made but you just never know...

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Your bike might be a little old with over 20,000 miles in it, but you know it.

$3,500 I think is a good price for you to sell it, and get something probably newer and bigger.

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
This is a tough one. If you have a good running bike with no problems and you really like it then why sell? However if you were considering getting a bigger bike and needed to sell the FZ then go for it. I paid $3000 for mine with 4,200 miles on it (it now has almost 21K) a year and a half ago, so you were offered a good deal in my book.

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
its a good deal for sure but i wouldnt sell if it ticks all your boxes. well maybe that s me i tend to grow attached to things and rarely sell anything!

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well the lady (fiance) has shut the door on this... She says "Why sell it, keep it, put all that hard work into and your thinking about selling it?!" My response "Very true, all that customization." She says "I love your bike and the way it looks because it doesn't look like all the other bikes, its your bike." We can always pickup a second one later down the road.

I was pleased to hear this!

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Well the lady (fiance) has shut the door on this... She says "Why sell it, keep it, put all that hard work into and your thinking about selling it?!" My response "Very true, all that customization." She says "I love your bike and the way it looks because it doesn't look like all the other bikes, its your bike." We can always pickup a second one later down the road.

I was pleased to hear this!

My thoughts exactly.

Juan1

Reaction score
Visit site
Explain to the fiance that you're the kind of guy who always prefers something younger and better looking. Then, with the money you save by not getting married you can upgrade your bike.