Some serious trust in tires...

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site
I saw this and I just had to share (thought it might have been shared already...)

Enjoy!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OX_weIUwd_o]EXTREME 258 KM/H SUR LA GLACE : MATCH PORSCHE GT3 RS FACE A YAMAHA YZF 1000 R1 - YouTube[/ame]

Fishwiz4

Reaction score
Visit site
very cool. I would guess you would have more traction with studs like that than tires on asphalt... Assuming the ice is nice and consistent. Heavily studded snowmobile tracks have virtually no track spin even with very high power motors.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Well that video just gave me hope riding during the winter here in Idaho. Yup, studded tires are legal here and I am getting them put on my bike next winter.

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
Well that video just gave me hope riding during the winter here in Idaho. Yup, studded tires are legal here and I am getting them put on my bike next winter.

One thing to keep in mind: friction between steel and asphalt isn't nearly as good as rubber on asphalt. Unless you've got 100% ice/hard pack, I wouldn't do it.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
So the R1 is the only one running studded tires? The cars handle like they are on nothing but all seasons.

Azrael

Reaction score
Visit site
Holy crap! Getting down a knee on asphalt is cool enough, but on on snow! I can only hope to be half as good on track.