Some VIDEO/pictures from day of messing around

corner2.jpg

corner1.jpg

shadowcorner.jpg

Last edited:

Speedygonzales

Reaction score
Visit site
Some leathers, sliders ... little bit more lean angle and you'll be scraping those knee's with good style.

Good position on the bike :thumbup:

I just love it when bike's like ours get ridden like a bike should be ridden :cheer:.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
aye. track day really straightened out my form. Im still well away from as good as I could be.....but i wont be able to push any harder until next season. i couldnt afford any more than one track day this summer.

and i dont mind getting off the bike in urban settings....but i like to leave room for error so try to leave myself with at least a portion of lean angle in case i need to dive in deeper to dodge something unforseen.....and also not to mention that i have more rubber on the road by not being leaned so far over. My "off" at the racetrack taught me your tires can slip out quite easily when you ask too much of them. I'm comfortable in recovering from a rear end slide when only partly leaned over.....but if im at max lean angle Im not confident i could recover that rear slide and maintain anything resembling a line through the corner.

still get movin pretty quickly through corners nonetheless though:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d90y404MaDo[/ame]

Last edited:

Speedygonzales

Reaction score
Visit site
Setting up the tires with correct pressure and taking the time to warm the tires up will give a lot more security grip wise.

And always build up the lean angle on your own pase.

If your FZ is stock the pegs will tel you that you reached your "limit". Altho the bike can do more with good tires.

But all in all ... the track is the only "safe" place to push it.

Speedygonzales

Reaction score
Visit site
Ps: You're riding @ a good rpm.
A lot of people will run lower rev's in corners, which is a bad thing to do. If you're leaning hard ... and you're doing +-7500 rpm ... suddenly the power kicks in and the risk of getting a crash is a lot higher. Riding in a higher rpm range will give the bike a more stable power output.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
thanks man. and about the pegs i wore those peg feelers down by grinding them down lol. that was before my track day so my form was horrible. i was using more lean angle than i needed for any given speed in corners.

now that my form is a bit better i find i very rarely get the pegs to the asphalt. the only times i have now is when i had to dive down deeper to dodge something.

and about the revs, ya i really dont get why anyone would want to be in lower revs. i like having the power right there smooth and steady. not only does it make for a smoother line but it makes for easier control if you need to readjust your positioning.

n1one

RIP Tom Eden
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Lone,

Nice pics...love the third one the best!

Video is very cool.....I love the sound of the FZ going by at high RPM!:rockon:

I was reading your post and I agree with your form assessment. I too find that since I have corrected my form, I don't lean the bike over to pegs anymore....its just not neccassry (on the road) I now can take the rotory, on my daily commute to work, at a must quicker pace and not be on the side wall of the tires, it feels more secure and it keeps the bike more upright and on the part of the tire with the most grip.;)

Nice stuff...Thank You for posting!:D

Last edited: