SOLD- Ohlins YA 402 shock for 04-07 FZ6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
SOLD!

I have recently sold my FZ6 after almost 10 years. So over the next few weeks I will also selling all of the accessories and spare parts that I have that are FZ6 related.

First item for sale is the Ohlins YA 402 shock. I am the second owner, and this was originally purchased in 2008. I have put approximately 10000 miles on it with no problems at all. The spring is part # 01092-54/140 507, and I have no idea what the rate is. However, I weigh 175 lbs. without gear and have the preload set about 30% of total travel with the correct sag, so I would guess this spring is on the stronger end of the scale. As you will notice in the pictures below, this is the remote reservoir model, with preload, compression and rebound damping adjustable. The reservoir attaches to the rear LH sub frame with 2 supplied clamps/cushions. I am also including the modified lower shock bushing that you will need to install in your 2004-2007 FZ6. I don't know if this shock will fit other year versions of the FZ, you will have to research that on your own.

I am offering this for sale for $500 USD. Shipping is NOT included, buyer to pay for the method of their choice. I don't think that this can be shipped by air freight as it contains gas under pressure.

If interested or if I missed a detail please PM me. I will modify this original post as needed to reflect sale status.

Last edited:

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Bump to the top for the last time.

If someone is local to me in SoCal I will install and adjust it at my house if requested in exchange for a nice lunch. :thumbup:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
No kidding

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

jbwaterman84

Born to ride
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was all excited seeing this until I looked at ohlins and they say I need a ya723 for my 2008. Someone needs to snatch this up before it's gone!

I JET

Reaction score
Visit site
same shock that's in my FZ6 Cup bike. I would of thought someone would have snapped this up pretty quick. You said in you first post you would list all your spares and accessories for sale. What else do you have?

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I was all excited seeing this until I looked at ohlins and they say I need a ya723 for my 2008. Someone needs to snatch this up before it's gone!

You do know that will fit you/our bike = YES??
Ohlins changed their numbering scheme so the YA-402 has the same ends as the 723...

The OEM shock is the same mounting points from 04 - 09. Just saying....

mike_v

Reaction score
Visit site
You do know that will fit you/our bike = YES??
Ohlins changed their numbering scheme so the YA-402 has the same ends as the 723...

The OEM shock is the same mounting points from 04 - 09. Just saying....

It will fit the 2007+ model- however the helmet lock is in the way for the mounting of the external reservoir. You maybe able to get it to fit under the seat, on the other side or cut the helmet lock off.

AdventAvalon

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, I think your price is what is scaring off the buyers. Maybe if you gave the MSRP compared with this one. That might help.

I JET

Reaction score
Visit site
It will fit the 2007+ model- however the helmet lock is in the way for the mounting of the external reservoir. You maybe able to get it to fit under the seat, on the other side or cut the helmet lock off.

I mounted my reservoir under the seat as It it a little exposed to damage if you mount it on the outside. I don't have any photos of the reservoir itself with me right now but you can spot it in these two pics. I can take more detail photos if you're interested.

b9wkldB.jpg

lwwLClJ.jpg

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Status
Not open for further replies.