soft luggage help please

desperate

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a yamaha top box but I need some soft side bags. Can you advise me of the best in the uk at a reasonable cost. I need to still be able for my current wife to ride pillion and the ones I have tried did not allow for this as she could not get her feet on the pegs. What do you recomend ?

Yammi Dodger

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi mate,

Just got the Oxford humpback panniers off e-bay, in the shops around £114 paid £50 including P & P. Easy to fit one strap under the seat two on the top.
Got the wife to sit on the back says no problems with them, just got to test them out now may take a run out to Matlock later in the week. :Flash:

DaveK

Reaction score
Visit site
Id recommend Cargo Sports or Touring Panniers.

They are a very respectable size, 30 to 40 litres each gives as good a capacity as hard cases at a fraction of the price. Be careful when using the waterproof covers tho, i found them to be too small at the back. They filled up with water from the spray from the rear tyre in horrendous rain.

A good bin bag is prob better :D

Excellent panniers tho, would deff buy them again

yogi bear

Reaction score
Visit site
I use Oxford 1st time panniers. Never had a problem with them getting in the way of the pillions legs. Just don't tell her how much space is in them coz if she's like mine she will fill them............2 panniers, 1 small top box and a tail pack strapped on top for shoe's (coz u need 97 pairs for a week in Scotland) and maps and waterproofs in tank bag. Bike went and handled like a dream.

Last edited:

desperate

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the advice, I am now the proud owner of oxford humpback panniers in blue. purchased from ebay 49.99. they fit a treat and will help with our planned trip to London.

The only slight concern is that it gets so hot under the seat is this going to melt the velcro straps, any one experience this ?

yogi bear

Reaction score
Visit site
Been all over Scotland and never had a problem with the straps getting hot. Don't worry about it. If you see smoke coming from under the seat just go faster to blow the flames out :)