Sock over your shoe?

JoeSTL

Reaction score
Visit site
I was riding to work the other day and caught up with this guy on a busa. He was wearing shorts and a t-shirt with tennis shoes, and a sock covering his left shoe. WTF?? I assume it was to protect his $20 thrift store shoes from the shift knob, though I've never seen this before. Very ghetto fabulous...

Your stained left top of your shoe SHOWS your a rider!

He obviously isn't, wearing shorts, etc and covering his sneakers, shessh, how embarrasing...Perhaps a squid? Oh well.....

Check out these fashionable items

ShifterSocks-1.jpg

m5_RdMFDmpCXg-y6yAlGgsA.jpg

shiftsocks.jpg

I was curious to see this phenomenom, however the best I could find was a kilt. I have nothing against them, just seems about as good as a sock on the left foot if riding a motorcyle. :BLAA:

kiltedbiker.jpg

I was riding to work the other day and caught up with this guy on a busa. He was wearing shorts and a t-shirt with tennis shoes, and a sock covering his left shoe. WTF?? I assume it was to protect his $20 thrift store shoes from the shift knob, though I've never seen this before. Very ghetto fabulous...

Were you close enough to see it wasn't some kind of cast/brace?

I was curious to see this phenomenom, however the best I could find was a kilt. I have nothing against them, just seems about as good as a sock on the left foot if riding a motorcyle. :BLAA:

kiltedbiker.jpg

Would be, ah, "cool & breezy", 'specially on a naked (har!) bike! :BLAA:

Were you close enough to see it wasn't some kind of cast/brace?

I was close enough to see that it was like a fruit of the loom sock over his red shoes...lol.

Your stained left top of your shoe SHOWS your a rider!

He obviously isn't, wearing shorts, etc and covering his sneakers, shessh, how embarrasing...Perhaps a squid? Oh well.....

Of course he was a squid... I mean he was riding a busa...

Also funny that he was wearing a reflective 'crossing guard' type of vest with his limited gear. I guess some safe is better than no safe! :BLAA:

Last edited:
This reminds me of people that pull their knee-high socks over their jeans when riding a bicycle. I understand the function but come on.. there are better ways to achieve the exact same thing. More stylish ways, more importantly. :ban::BLAA:

Back