So.... who'll get Stoner's ride?

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If this has already been discussed it is buried in some thread that the search didn't find.

Who will get the vacant seat at Honda next year?

I have a couple of theories...

Andrea Dovizioso has already shown he can ride it and I believe he got the boot ahead of Pedrosa because of the Repsol/DORNA/Spain connection. He might be due a recall unless he gets Ben's factory ride....

Which could also go to Cal Crutchlow, both of them have made me think that the Monster Tech 3 Yamaha is more of a factory bike than may first have appeared. Either of the Tech 3 guys would fit the Honda seat well.

However, going back to my theory about Pedrosa over Dovizioso, my personal pick for Stoner's seat next year is.... Marc Marquez.

Last edited:

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
1. Cal

2. Marquez

3. Bradl

How much more will Honda back the pedrobot if he has yet to "arrive"?
Will be interesting.

I think Spies is gone...:(

Last edited:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think you'll find Cal still has 1 year to run on his contract :confused:

Im thinking Bradl is in with a red hot showing :thumbup: The bloke is a HUGE talent & he has the youth HRC will be looking for !!!

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If they get rid of that stupid rookies rule, Marquez would be my #1 pick to be on it.

I'll throw a crazy one in, don't be suprised if Yourgay winds up in Repsol colours next year.

Know one thing, if HRC keeps Robot next year (if he isn't world champ), he's got to thank Casey for keeping his ride.

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd love to see Bradl take Casey's seat, Marquez to take over at LCR for a year then he can take Pedrosa's spot :)

If Ben can get his shizzle together for the rest of the year, I think he'll be safe (decent qualifying effort last night... only .004 off the front row).

Cal seems pretty happy on the Tech 3 (pfft, meant to be a satellite team, think they have some factory bits in there), and if he keeps going the way he's been going this year, they'll want to keep him for sure... Depends if the brake debacle has dampened his enthusiasm for the team I guess.

I'm guessing Yamaha will throw buckets of money at Jorge to keep him in Blue. He has ridden 1 season for Honda before, but that was back in 2005 on a 250cc (finished 6th in the championship).

:rockon:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Cal seems pretty happy on the Tech 3 (pfft, meant to be a satellite team, think they have some factory bits in there), and if he keeps going the way he's been going this year, they'll want to keep him for sure... Depends if the brake debacle has dampened his enthusiasm for the team I guess.

I was under the impression that Cal got the stoppers he wanted & that was all sorted :confused: Am I wrong ??

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
He got them, but (like Dovi) had to pay for them himself.

Cal Crutchlow seems to have given into temptation as well. Of course, not without losing his sense of humor.

"How much did it cost me? Let's see... there are about ten of you here, so if you each gave me 5 thousand Euro for an interview, it could be enough. I still don't know who will pay, even if it's looking like it will be me. Or maybe I'll be arrested when the season ends."
The difference is more about the feel than the outright performance.
"The pads and calipers are around 25% bigger, which makes a difference on a 1000cc, which goes faster and is harder to slow down. But it won't be these brakes that make me win a race. They will just give me a bigger margin for error."

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wrong , Wrong , Wrong on so many levels :( :spank: :spank: :spank: I hope it fails miserably........... I think I will probably be turning off after the Moto2/3 races next year , sorry RdP I will continue to support you as a rider but cant stand what Dorna is doing to the sport :spank::spank:

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Soooo.....now that this is settled..... Rossi back to Yamaha next year?

Whoregay has already said he has no problem with it, he owes Vale for developing a phenomenal bike that Spies can't seem to ride, if they get an extra big pit for the egos I think Rossi and Lorenzo in Team Yamaha again would make for great viewing!

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Soooo.....now that this is settled..... Rossi back to Yamaha next year?

Whoregay has already said he has no problem with it, he owes Vale for developing a phenomenal bike that Spies can't seem to ride, if they get an extra big pit for the egos I think Rossi and Lorenzo in Team Yamaha again would make for great viewing!

It would be great to have Rossi/Lorenzo battling again. Here's what I think MIGHT happen...

Rossi & Crutchlow on Ducatis: the boss at Audi (now owners of Ducati) has met with Rossi and assured him that they want this project to succeed with him on the bike. Which translates to more $$ funneled to the project and Rossi. Crutchlow has been in high level meetings with Ducati, and they may convince him to go there. Hayden? Hard to say. A CRT machine or move WSBK perhaps. I don't think Pramac is running Ducati next year so the grid is open for a second satellite Ducati.

Crutchlow with a factory ride at Yamaha? More likely it will be offered to Dovi, since he achieved his 4th podium so far and is clicking well with Yamaha. I don't see Spies hanging onto his factory ride. Tech 3 have already said that Bradley Smith will race with them in 2013, so maybe Ben might take that other spot vacated by Crutchlow.

We shall see! :rolleyes:

Sith Lord

Reaction score
Visit site
Wrong , Wrong , Wrong on so many levels :( :spank: :spank: :spank: I hope it fails miserably........... I think I will probably be turning off after the Moto2/3 races next year , sorry RdP I will continue to support you as a rider but cant stand what Dorna is doing to the sport :spank::spank:

About the only thing Dorna have go going for them is the Grid Girls. The are about the best I've seen.

8 competitive bikes, well, really only 4 or 5, doesn't make good viewing. Their website is rubbish.... Only reason I watch s cause there's an Aussie there. I seriously doubt I'll have any interest next year. Moto3 and Moto2 might keep me interrested, especially with the Aussies in there..... We'll see.