So my first SaddleSore 1000 attempt is over ...

pacadermng67

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats dude. Thats quite an achievement.

A quick question from your experience. How much do you think your seat affected how you felt? I know for me, my legs will get stiff before my butt does.

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com

A quick question from your experience. How much do you think your seat affected how you felt? I know for me, my legs will get stiff before my butt does.

Same here on the legs.
Since I have not tried a SS1000 on a 3rd party seat, I really could not say. But from what I hear/read the Top Sellerie seats are well worth the cost over the stock seat.
It should be noted that I felt no discomfort from the seat until I was like 1200km into the journey...,- so there was no way the stock seat could make me not complete a SS1000 ...

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site

Everyone is different, and their pains are the same way. The stock seat doesn't bother me, though through the trip I would stand up, hang my feet off the pegs, put them up on the sliders..just move around. So that really wasnt the main issue for me. My right shoulder was the main problem, it was seriously hurting. At the time I didnt have a throttle lock. I do now! So when I exited the highway for the last time when coming home, It was all I could do to lean the bike over to make the exit ramp which was marked at 20mph.

In addition, the mental fatigue was surprising. the last 200 miles, approximately, sucked. I really had to pull it together to keep on top of things. I mean anyone considering this really needs to think about it. You will be focusing for at least 16 hours! It doesnt matter how many miles you ride in a day, its how many hours.

Congrats again, btw.

DSCF1066.jpg

^^^ The Modification that can't be purchase, only earned!

-bryan

mastakilla

Reaction score
Visit site
Funny little anecdote, - I now know what a Bugatti Veyron going at (what must have been) maximum speed sounds like.
I was running the fazer almost flat out, aprox 12000 rpm in top gear, the speedo was showing 235Km/h or so, - and the Veyron passed me like I was standing still :eek:
The sound it made can best be described as a light sword effect from star wars ......

LOL awesome :rockon: