So... I crashed on monday

C

CoolATIGuy

Or happen to clip a semi at 120mph...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ROFLOL - so I totally read your post without seeing who posted it and thought "ha, sounds like what RandomChaos was telling me about what a rogue shop employee did to his bike", then scrolled up...then scrolled back down quick as I went "nah, couldn't be..."

;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Capo79

Viking spirit
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay, so... A little update on my fuel tank project.

I have managed to seal off the tiny gas leakage using epoxy (or steel epoxy to be more accurate - thanks for the tip Nelly!). Don't know if it will last forever, but one can allways hope. Further, I figured "why black?" A while back, I was playing with the idea of painting the tank orange. So I did yesterday. I haven't had the time to clear coat it yet, which I will whenever I get the time to do it. Still, it is great as it is without it, after I wet sanded, rubbed and polished it.

24082011849.jpg

The orange is quite dominating, and I have to accompany it with other orange details. Perhaps the belly pan and/or the side covers. I will definately get me some orange wheel strips, that's for sure.

Last edited:

Randomchaos

Flaming Hot Doughnut
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow that orange looks awesome! I like the shape of the tank too. Nicely done repair/modding work there!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for posting up the google photo! Wow, that's some traffic roundabout there. I've never seen a double lane roundabout like that here in California.

you should try living in the uk..

this one catches me out every time:
Google Maps

and this one i used to have to do on my car driving lessons all the time (it isn't actually that bad):
Google Maps

and of course we have the infamous magic roundabout :)
Google Maps

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
OR a frame slider could have broken off the entire engine mount, which have happened to others...

I high sided and my bike SLAMMED down right on the left frame slider.
Slider shredded and bent, but frame, engine and mount PERFECTLY FINE.

Your experience may vary, but I would never run a bike without frame sliders.

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Haha, this is the roundabout in question:

Google Maps

wow thats an interesting road... It looks like there is a road on top of a road so if there is an accident and the inside car is pushed in it could land on cars under the circle? I personally think roundabouts or traffic circles whatever ya wanna call them shouldn't exist.